How should I pack my formal dress

emttl73

I am taking my bridesmaid dress for formal night. I have never taken a dress like that on my trips. How should I pack it to fly? Garmet bag or just take an extra bag? Check or carry on? This may be a dumb question but I'm really not sure what to do.

Basically it would depend on what type of fabric the dress is. If it wrinkles easily you would obviously want to be more careful with it, but if it's something that will just hang out you can fold carefully using tissue paper like you were putting it in a gift box and put it in your suitcase. A garment bag would do too. You can always touch-up with the iron in the laundry room or send it to have it pressed. Don't stress over it....never seen anyone in a wrinkled dress yet! I had to pack mine to be ready Sept. 7th for pick up to be shipped to the Queen Mary and we weren't sailing until Sept 22nd and it was fine. Don't forget to have a great trip.:D

I am taking my bridesmaid dress for formal night. I have never taken a dress like that on my trips. How should I pack it to fly? Garmet bag or just take an extra bag? Check or carry on? This may be a dumb question but I'm really not sure what to do.

Pack it in a garment bag and check it in, it will be one less thing to carry on and off the plane.

Large checked luggage, fold it in 3rds or 1/2, remove from luggage when you arrive and hang it up, works great.

Fred

Archived