Where Should We Stay in Barbados Before Our December 8 Pride Cruise

xyz111

The port is in Bridgetown; the Hilton is also in Bridgetown.

And I absolutely do rely on TripAdvisor. I've rarely been disappointed. The thing is, you have to read several reviews and take a balance. There were reviews about Peach and Quiet that said no A/C....not having spent time in Barbados before, I didn't realize how necessary this is, with the high humidity. Like Rosie, I'll never go back, no matter how cheap it is!

Jane

That sounds like a lot of trouble for someone on vacation.

Believe me, in our income bracket, cost is not a consideration in our preference for P&Q. To us, the attractions are the wonderful hospitality, the pretty pool, the fabulous views, the lack of children and canned music, the honour bar, the lack of distraction by TV, phone, internet, and the fact that other guests are, for the most part, well-travelled, interesting and adventurous. These factors more than outweigh the inconvenience of adapting to the realitythat there can be mosquitos on some nights.

We just spent three nights at Little Arches prior to our 12/15 Pride cruise and really enjoyed it, so much that we're already talking about returning for a non-cruise stay. As ldove123 noted, many of the (ten!) rooms do open onto the pool deck or other more or less "public" area. We stayed in #10, one of the two garden suites that are just past reception and the stairs to the restaurant, which open onto a large verandah overlooking the gardens in back of the hotel - very quiet, private and beautiful! Also beware of the two "honeymoon" suites; the pool deck overlooks their balconies so no skinny dipping in the hot tubs! Service exceeds expections - the staff is wonderful. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and our room (actually a suite) was very roomy and comfortable, although not what I would consider "luxurious", and had character.

The hotel is across the street from Miami beach (very nice, *local* beach) and home to a very nice rooftop restaurant (Cafe Luna). We ate at Cafe Luna the first night, had reservations at the Cliff the second and spent our third and final evening at the Oistins fish fry a ten minute stroll away. I enjoyed Cafe Luna more than I did the Cliff. I have no complaints about the Cliff - food, atmosphere, service all wonderful, but I found Cafe Luna to be so much more cozy and romantic and the food was although, not *as* good, still excellent.

Bechi

I'm happy to hear you had such a good time at Little Arches. I had actually booked several nights there for my 2008 cruise on the Pride out of Barbados. I was planning on enjoying the room with the hot tub....after scuba diving nothing feels better than nice warm water swirling around you! It looks fantastic from the TripAdvisor photos, and I'm glad to hear first hand accounts of its #1 rating on that website.

As I've jumped ship to Silversea (figured three times to the Caribbean is enough, and I've always wanted to visit the Seychelles), I'm not going to be staying at the Arches, but maybe another time. I really do love Barbados. And....if anyone is on the island and takes a picture of the "Rockley Beach" sign....please email me a copy of it!

Jane :rolleyes:

Archived