Harley Davidson Rentals

kkruzcrazy

My husband and I will be in Hawaii the beginning of February and want to rent a Harley. We ride at home (California). My question is which island would be the best choice. (weather, roads, dealership close to port.) Should we reserve in advance? Or wait to see the weather conditions. Can we ride together? and is that the same price? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This was my SIL's special request for our cruise last week. I found info by searching these boards for Harley Davidson. He ended up renting for the day in Kona and loved it. He rode around solo while we were on FairWind II then met us there to pick up DD to ride for the rest of the day. I know he had a helmet for her so I assume it was same price. I think Hilo or Maui would be other great options. DS's rented scooters in Kauai. HTH's.

We were there in October and one of the couples that was with us rented a Harley on Maui. They were going to ride the Hana Hwy on it, but were told that they would be better off just riding along the coast because it was a better ride. They loved it! The rest of us did the Hana Hwy in a car and we all agreed that they made a good choice by not going on the Hana Hwy on a Harley. They did book ahead by just going on the web and putting in Harley Davidson on Maui. The dealership was very close to the port, so you could easily take a cab there and back.

Have a great time!!!

I'd recommend renting in Kona. The dealer is in the industrial area - you can take the shuttle to the International Market (5-10 minutes) and walk a block from there. Riding on the Big Island is as good as it gets and the weather is far likelier to be decent in Kona than at any of the other ports at that time of year.

Archived