Luggage scan hold up

BellaWood

I thought this was rather funny and had to share. When we were getting our luggage scanned before boarding the Glory on November 17th they stopped me to check my bag for something suspicious. Told the guy to check it out there was some bottle in there with a handle.

Guess what it was???? My bottle of Hersheys syrup:D

Sorry, but on my last cruise that was the only thing I absolutely hated on the ship and I always have chocolate milk before going to bed. I prefer whole milk but lived with using their 2%.

I thought this was rather funny and had to share. When we were getting our luggage scanned before boarding the Glory on November 17th they stopped me to check my bag for something suspicious. Told the guy to check it out there was some bottle in there with a handle.

Sorry, but on my last cruise that was the only thing I absolutely hated on the ship and I always have chocolate milk before going to bed. I prefer whole milk but lived with using their 2%.

How funny! They are probably used to people trying to sneak alcohol onboard, then they find your Hersheys syrup!! :D :D

How does the scanning work? Does the porter take your luggage to the screening area with you there so they can match your laggage with you, then ask you to open any suspecious suitcase?

Pamela

Same procedure as airlines scanning carry-on luggage

How does the scanning work? Does the porter take your luggage to the screening area with you there so they can match your laggage with you, then ask you to open any suspecious suitcase?

Pamela

The OP is talkng about carry on luggage.

With checked luggage you arent present when they scan it. Once you hand it to the porter you wont see it again until it is delivered to your cabin.

Bellawood: That is too funny. I'm glad to know there is someone else out there that is obsessed with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. It all started when my aunt went to work for Hershey's in the early 80's. I could forgo all the chocolate bars, but not the free syrup. She would send my mom cases at a time. Back when she was still working she gave my mom a roll of $.25 coupons for the syrup. Some 20 years later, I think I still have 1/2 a roll of coupons. But I am quickly working on using them up. I too must have my daily glass of chocolate milk. I have mine on the way to work in the morning. I'm not a coffee person, so this is my addiction. I am going to have to remember to bring my own bottle. You are SO smart. I have always felt that my day isn't quite "right" without my choc. milk.

Do you not like the choc milk they have on the ship?

Cuyahoga - No it'd horrible but then I'm use to hersheys with whole milk. If I recall correctly theirs is 1% milk and it's not very chocolaty.

Vuildog - So I'm not the only one addicted :) Hershey syrup is the only milk chocolate I do. I'm a dark chocolate gal but am addicted to Hersheys! I have t-shirts with Hersheys across the front and in fact while in Roatan had a shirt on that said "Drop the chocolate and no one gets hurt" :D

I really should have bought stock in the stuff 25 years ago. I use to buy it by the case and go through about 2 large bottles a week.

Cuyahoga - No it'd horrible but then I'm use to hersheys with whole milk. If I recall correctly theirs is 1% milk and it's not very chocolaty.

Vuildog - So I'm not the only one addicted :) Hershey syrup is the only milk chocolate I do. I'm a dark chocolate gal but am addicted to Hersheys! I have t-shirts with Hersheys across the front and in fact while in Roatan had a shirt on that said "Drop the chocolate and no one gets hurt" :D

I really should have bought stock in the stuff 25 years ago. I use to buy it by the case and go through about 2 large bottles a week.

Wow that is serious that is how I feel about sherbert ice cream.

I don't particularly like their chocolate milk either-I'm not used to the corn syrupy-taste it has, I guess. I was told that's the way chocolate milk is in the States? Someone may have been pulling my leg though, lol.

I'm a Nestle's Quik powder girl myself. :D

YES! More Chocolate Milk Lovers!! :D

I have sort of a funny Chocolate Milk story -

About 3 years ago I took a job w/ a new company. I had to fly from Seattle to Cleveland to visit the corporate office for a few days.

The first night I was there I went out to dinner with the President and Vice President of the company. Nothing fancy - a pub and grill type of place. When it came time to order drinks what did I order? A big Ice Cold Glass of Chocolate Milk - The others all ordered beer! Of course they called me out on it right away - my excuse was something like "it's comfort food" or something like that! I NEVER heard the end of it. Anytime I signed a big deal or reached some sort of sales milestone the big joke was "Better celebrate and have a bottle of Chocolate Milk".

:p

I don't particularly like their chocolate milk either-I'm not used to the corn syrupy-taste it has, I guess. I was told that's the way chocolate milk is in the States? Someone may have been pulling my leg though, lol.

I'm a Nestle's Quik powder girl myself. :D

Believe it or not, we actually have Nestle's here too. ;)

you sound like my DD. She likes her chocolate milk so chocolaty that it is almost sickening. I too prefer whole milk, but manage with 2% for a week. I personally like the chocolate milk on the ship. If I had to drink 1 or 2% milk all the time, I would have to add chocolate to it.

We use ovaltine though.

I can't believe no one has asked this yet. :p

Ok, BellaWood. What's the recipe for a good glass of Hersheys chocolate milk? How much syrup vs milk? :)

And btw I'm not asking this for nothing. You all have me wanting chocolate milk. I'm going to put Hershey's syrup on my DW's shopping list to bring on our cruise on 12/8.:D

Thanks.

MikeKV - My perfect recipe for chocolate milk is Deans whole milk 2/3 of a glass and add 1/3 Hersheys syrup. When people see me make it that say that's disgusting but then I call it my liquid candy bar :p

Best thing to have with it is Cheerios, straight out of the box. Eat em like popcorn!

Ricko19 - That is ME! Every time I go out of town I take Hershey's with me. ONLY because I can pick up some pints/quarts of milk easy enough at a convenient store but they usually only have little cans or bottles of syrup.

BUT one time I was at a conference in Appleton. Needed my milk bad, forgot to stop and get some. There wasn't a restaurant in the hotel but there was a bar. So I headed down to the bar, the bar tender asked me what I wanted. I said "Milk, nothing in it" He was very accommodating and even gave me a nice tall glass ;)

RizzoLee - I tried the powdered Nestle for a short while early in my addiction but it didn't last long. Took way to much powder, hard to get dissolved and the taste wasn't the same.

Archived