RCCL In cabin Baby Sitting (possibly) Terminated

crusinmama06

I was on the Liberty last week and was told by a very reliable source that in-cabin babysitting was terminated. We have never used it for our son but I think it would be a valuable especially for those with children too young to use AO. They did make an exception for a fellow OS guest with a special needs child who made it a point to confirm availablity of in-room babysitting when booking their cruise. However, their sitter did not show up as scheduled and it ended up a big headache for all involved.

Yup, I was on the Thanksgiving cruise as well, and was told it was not being offered "that week" but that sounded awfully fishy to us, so we assumed it was never coming back on the Liberty. They DID say that we could go up to AO and try to arrange something, but it wasn't that important as we were lucky enough to have grandma's and aunts with us. But I really think this was a great service, I've only been on the one cruise, but had so much fun we may book another!!

Just wanted to "confirm" what I can about this rumor.

Kim

We just got back from Freedom and we were able to get in-cabin babysitting. However, I had thought I had read it was $8/hour on this board, but we had to pay $12/hour!! We only used it for two nights, partly because of the price! Wanted to add my info on here for reference.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might not be the place to ask about this, but I am apprehensive about leaving my kids alone with someone I don't know for the in-room babysitting. We've taken 2 cruises so far, and have been lucky enough to bring a family member to watch them. Our upcoming cruise, we won't have anyone, and I know my husband and I would like to get out a night or 2 during the 9 nights. My gut just makes me feel uncomfortable with this idea, but it seems like everyone does it. Anyone who has done this-I'd appreciate hearing from you!

Also, the gentleman on the phone for RCC said that at night, there is group sitting for all ages-is this true??

Archived