Sunset Beach Montego Bay closed for renovations?

Dotsie

We stopped at Montego Bay last week with plans to go to Sunset Beach. There were 16 of us and we were told that Sunset Beach is closed and under renovation by 3 taxi drivers and a pier coordinator. Another driver said it was open and he would take us there. The driver claimed that the resort is closed but the pools are open. We asked him if we had to pay round trip if the resort was closed.......16 passengers at $4 a head - double that for round trip. At first he said we had to pay round trip but as we were leaving (because that would be a waste of a lot of money for a round trip to nowhere) he said he would only charge us one way if it was closed. After following him down the long path to get to his van, something just didn't sit right with us so we decided to go back to the ship.

Can anyone confirm the status of Sunset Beach? I overheard someone on the ship say that he went there that day.

Dotsie

We were there last Wednesday. There was construction going on but there were still lots of people there. A portion of the resort is closed, but there are still people actually staying at the resort vs being day pass visitors.

You missed out - the resort was wonderful! You'll need to visit next time you stop!

We were there last Wednesday.

You missed out - the resort was wonderful! You'll need to visit next time you stop!

I have been there before and was looking forward to visiting again. It turned out well because it rained all day last Tuesday. I wonder how long the renovations will take?

Dotsie

We went to Sunset Beach on November 21st. Yes, it is under construction, but if you have never been you wouldnt know the difference. It is all to one side and looks like they are adding a new addition. Since I have been here before I knew it was part of the resort closed. There is enough open that you will not miss that section.

Beware though there is construction noise and that takes a little away from the quiet relaxtion.

Archived