Adventure Ocean on RCCL

Brenda33

I want to understand the 10:00 p.m. group babysitting procedure. My son will be 6 at the time of our cruise. Some people are saying that the kids "party" during these late hours. On Carnival the kids layed down with blankets and pillows and watched a movie and most fell asleep. This is what I wanted!!! Does anyone know for sure what happens with the 6 year old group? Thank you so much for your help. :)

I answered your question on the original thread at the RCCL board but I'll copy my answer over to here. :)

It really depends on the age of your child. Each age group has different activities going on at night. The Late Night Party Zone on RCCL tends to be more of a dance party at night for the older ages. For the younger kids (ages 3-5), they try to do some more calming/quiet activities. It's kind of like the same thing on Carnival. For the 2-5 year old at Camp Carnival, I noticed that they had movie planned and some blankets/pillows laid out. For the older ages (above 5) they had a dance party planned, even on Carnival.

I always picked up my kids by 10:30pm because they were just too tired to party. But they were always doing some kind of activity in the 6-8 year old group. I don't know if they stop the dancing later on in the evening.

Yep, like I said...the 6-8 year olds were going strong at 10:30pm. My kids just can't stay up that late (they are used to going to bed at 7pm). So they begged to stay till 10:30 but then I had some very tired/cranky kids on my hands.

I have no idea what time the activities end and the "slumber" begins. Maybe someone who let their children there longer can answer.

And you're sure it was like this on Carnival in the 6-8 group?

Oh yeah, absolutely positive. On both Sensation and Elation, when I went to get my daughter in the 6-8 year old group. The kids were yelling "Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya" and learning dance moves with the counselors. That was at 10:30.

I returned at 11:30 to get my friend's kids out (they were just too overtired and needed some downtime so I brought them back to my cabin)...and the dance party was still going strong. Some kids were playing video games. Some were playing board games. The rest were dancing.

BUT, on those ships, the 6-8 year old group could be allowed to go over to the 2-5 year old room and lay down with the younger kids. My 2 girls were able to lay down together. And one was in the 2-5, the other 6-8.

On RCCL, I don't know what time the party ends.

I have the kid's compass in front of me from Freedom of the Seas, Ages 6-8, it says "Late Night Party Zone" stay up late with your new friends and have fun. Join the youth counselors for late night games and entertainment. LNPZ is $5 per hour/per child. Payment is in half hour increments. Please note that LNPZ closes at 1am or when the last child leaves."

If you click on the link in my signature, you can see the compasses for the 6-8 year old group from RCCL.

I was thinking that....about maybe they could lie down with the littler ones if they wanted to. That would be great if RCCL allowed that like Carnival did!! My son is like your girls....he has a bedtime and has trouble staying awake too late and will be a major cranko in the morning!!

We did not let our daughter stay for the "late night party zone" until our 3rd cruise when our older son moved into the teen program. My daughter usually is not a stay up late type. On RC ships Radiance, Legend, Navigator,and Rhapsody they all allowed her to "sleep" with the little kids. She did this all the way up until she was 11 and aged out of the program. Many times there were other older kids "resting". Usually the lights are out and a video is playing. As long as the kid is not disrupting the "quiet time" I think anyone can join.

We did not let our daughter stay for the "late night party zone" until our 3rd cruise when our older son moved into the teen program. My daughter usually is not a stay up late type. On RC ships Radiance, Legend, Navigator,and Rhapsody they all allowed her to "sleep" with the little kids. She did this all the way up until she was 11 and aged out of the program. Many times there were other older kids "resting". Usually the lights are out and a video is playing. As long as the kid is not disrupting the "quiet time" I think anyone can join.

Wow...this would be great!! We will be on the Explorer....

Archived