Quad On Pearl?

DEELOUX

My parents are taking my siblings and grandchildren on a family cruise July 09. They want to go to Alaska. We took a family cruise on the DAWN in 2005 and were surprised on how the quad's were set up. It had a rollaway bed in the middle of the two twin beds. It also had a top bunk but you could not fit the rollaway underneath it so it stayed in the middle. At the time my children were 12 and 21 so my 12 slept in the bunk while us other three slept in what looked like a king size. Needless to say it was not a good situation as my husband ended up in the middle on the cot. I have called NCL to ask about the Pearl but each rep has given me a different answer such as the same bed situation to the rollaway fits under the bunk. Any anyone had a quad on the Pearl? We are looking at an oceanview room. There will be 18 of us with 4 quad rooms. Any other ships have better bed situations to Alaska. Thanks as usual for all your help.

Hi Deeloux: Two of our three cabins on the Pearl last week were considered quads. As there were only 2 and 3 people in each it was not a problem. Before sailing, we thought it would be great for our three kids to have an extra bunk on top to put their snorkel gear, extra stuff, etc. Well, both quads are how you described. There was only one bunk and one trundle bed (which cannot be removed to put suitcases under it).

Archived