upgrade after assignment

deanchrs

We booked a 4E on the Liberty and recieved our room - #8435 - which is in that category - no upgrade:( Is there any chance of us getting upgraded still before we cruise? We are 60 days out now. Also - anyone know anything about this cabin? We are a family of four, so I'm a little concerned about space..............

Usually after you get a room assignment they won't change it. Unless you want to pay the difference for differerent category. If I were you I would watch the prices and if the price for a category higher than yours is less than what you pd I'd call my PVP and see if they can get me the higher category.

The cabin is the same size no matter which deck you are on.

the only cabin that is truly bigger is the suite cat 11.

Ocean views are a tad bigger but that floor space is alloted for a sofa. there are no sofas in the inside cabins.

you best bet it to leave the bottom beds apart to give you more floor space. Unpack all suitcases and pack the empties under the bed. use one for dirty clothes.

an over the door shoe holder will keep the cabin organized..once the cabin gets cluttered it will start closing in on you so keep the clutter at a bare minimum and USE that shoe holder when youenter the cabin instead of throwing belonging onto the small vanity in the cabin.

these inside cabins are quite dark 24 hours a day- a body will not know if its night or day- I suggest an alarm clock and set it to wake up or you will sleep a lot of your cruise away.

Our first cruise was in an inside with 5 of us- quite doable and affordable. We saved over 700.00 doing it that way.

You are under the pool deck so you might hear scrapping of chairs.. but your location is excellent- up on flight of stairs and there is the food.

if you requested a later seating for dinner-- take the midship elevators to that dining room--

If you are assigned it is very rare for another upgrade but it does happen. I can tell you that most people only upgrade within the category they booked and it is rare to upgrade to the next category-- by reading these boards it would sound that it happens all the time. Cruise critic members represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

your best bet was to book an inside guarantee and take that chance.

Booking a cat 4E guarantee was a waste of money.

• 1 month later...

We were upgraded for the first time this past June (07) on a Baltic cruise with Celebrity. It was our 25th Anniversary, and our first cruise with Celebrity (Carnival, RCCL, and Princess previously). I had booked a balcony room and saw my room had been changed online at the 60 day mark to something called "Concierge" (!). At first I was upset, thinking an unauthorized change had been made. Learned from my TA that we'd been upgraded to the tune of about $600 in category change value. What a happy early anniversary present!

After returning from the most amazing cruise of our lives, I can say that the upgrade, while nice, sure wasn't $600 worth of nice! So, I can happily return to our least-expensive balcony category without any regrets going forward.

On RCCL's Enchantment, I booked an inside cabin, got assigned one, and upon boarding discovered we were bumped up to ocean view. Nice surprise, but same amount of room. I agree, you should book the square footage you would be comfortable in. The good news is, you will probably spend little time in your cabin, and I'm sure either way, you will have a great time..

• 3 weeks later...

ANy carnival older fantasy class ship or the Destiny/ Victory/Triumph ship.

WHen looking to put 5 people in a cabin please make sure you also check to see what the difference is for 2 cabins. The last few cruises the amount has been aroun 200.00 total.

Take the one cabin if savings is great. Our savings was over 700.00

Archived