Non-Comm Tax or Fees??

LakeErieLive

After depositing for the Mar. 27 POA cruise, and then reading recent reviews, I looked more closely at my bill for the cruise. I noticed what I thought was a high item called non-comm. I looked it up on the web and see it is a non-commercial tax or fee and has something to do with port charges. I have cruised 5 times and not really noticed it before, or noticed an add on as high as the one for this cruise. Is it high because of Hawaii, or NCLA, or was it hidden in the fare before. I would appreciate insight on this, but what started as a good fare so I thought, was increased with taxes (as usual) and then this non-comm fee. When my travel agent sent me her bill she just lumped it all as taxes. Any help???

After depositing for the Mar. 27 POA cruise, and then reading recent reviews, I looked more closely at my bill for the cruise. I noticed what I thought was a high item called non-comm. I looked it up on the web and see it is a non-commercial tax or fee and has something to do with port charges. I have cruised 5 times and not really noticed it before, or noticed an add on as high as the one for this cruise. Is it high because of Hawaii, or NCLA, or was it hidden in the fare before. I would appreciate insight on this, but what started as a good fare so I thought, was increased with taxes (as usual) and then this non-comm fee. When my travel agent sent me her bill she just lumped it all as taxes. Any help???

These are NON-COMMISSIONABLE FEES also referred to as port taxes. Agents do not receive a commision on port fees or taxes so they are referred to as NC FEES. They are usually included in the price of your cruise but could also be listed separately.

Archived