beach help please

suesie

Can you help please . We will be on Antigua on 1st Jan and I am looking for a beach that has:

• good snorkelling
  • good soft sand but with beach chairs / beds as one of our party has mobility problems
  • a bar or bars that also serve food
  • not too busy
  • a reasonable distance form the port , say 30 or 40 minutes max

Are there any beaches that match this description?

I have looked at so much info my head is spinning.

Thanks

susan:)

• 2 weeks later...
Can you help please . We will be on Antigua on 1st Jan and I am looking for a beach that has:

• good snorkelling
  • good soft sand but with beach chairs / beds as one of our party has mobility problems
  • not too busy

Thanks

Susan,

I know what you mean!! We're leaving for our cruise next Saturday and one of our ports is Antigua. We're still very much undecided as to which beach to go to and may just leave it up to the cabbie. I'll keep my eye out for the above will post when I return. ( hopefully you're still checking this board.)

p.s we're back on the 22nd.

• good snorkelling
  • not too busy

Thanks

E-mail the Royal Antiguan resort. It is at Deep bay and it has everything you asked for. For the best snorkeling you will have to go along the rocks at the side of the beach but the resident Barracuda "Charlie" may be there as well. We saw Charlie but he never bothered us. He has been there for years now and the staff told us he has never bitten anyone but our DD sure got a scare when she put her mask on and dunked her head about 6 inches from his tail. It is about 15 minutes taxi from the port. We told the security that we were going for lunch. The resort was 11% occupied. Management issues. We spent 2 days during our vacation at this beach. Lunch was good and reasonably priced. The Andes restaurant jets out into the bay. The chairs were free, the watersports reasonable, palms offered shade, beach and water were lovely, and the view was beautiful. Good beach for shell collecting as well. Washrooms are close by the beach. There is however a close to 3-4 minute walk from the taxi drop off to the beach. We felt very welcomed by all of the staff. Since March was quite a while ago please check with the resort before you go so that you don't waste your time in case the resort is back to normal in terms of business.

Karysa

Archived