Ahoy Pryate 13

capecodtoby

Hi we are just back from our Thanksgiving cruise with a stop at Tortola. We did rent a 7 pass Blazer from Hertz which is located in a muddy parking lot to your right just off the pier as you walk to town. Someone had left some sugary snack inside and it was crawling with ants, but we dealt with it. The traffic is pretty intense in Roadtown, but that was the easy part. No one is kldding about the roads. They are beyond steep with hairpin curves. I had the pedal to the floor going up some hills at a top speed of 12 mph. There was nothing left in the vehicle. With all that being said is was the best thing we could have done. We saw different parts of the island ourselves and had a great time at Brewers Beach. We were lucky to catch the right conditions to be able to do some body surfing. If you don't think you have the nerve to drive this I would say don't do it, but if you don't find yourself worried about hills that go striaght up, 180 turns and driving on the left side of the road for the first time go for it. It was actually worth it. Drive in 1st gear going down the hills and stay on the brakes at all times. Hey we made it and you can too.

Sounds like you had a fun trip. Good for you! Driving on the islands is one of my favorite parts of the vacation. Mind you, I usually get a smaller 4WD like a Sidekick, great fun, but It's usually just me and my wife, not a group of 6, so we can deal with a small vehicle. ;)

Archived