Port of Miami - Rental Car Shuttles?

Britt23

We rented a car through Alamo which was listed at the "Port of Miami", but the rental car agency is not really at the port of Miami, it's at the Miami airport.

My question is: Does anyone know if there is rental car shuttle service (Alamo) from the actual port the the Alamo rental agency? I've tried calling the Port of Miami directly and Alamo several times and believe it or not could not receive an answer to this question. No one knew!

check with enterprise..they have location s all over miami including the

airport..there s also a location about a mile from the port..so you could pickup your car at the airport..then return it to the location nearest the port..

if it s close enough they may shuttle you over to the port..atleast the cab fare won t be much..

We rented a car through Alamo which was listed at the "Port of Miami", but the rental car agency is not really at the port of Miami, it's at the Miami airport.

My question is: Does anyone know if there is rental car shuttle service (Alamo) from the actual port the the Alamo rental agency? I've tried calling the Port of Miami directly and Alamo several times and believe it or not could not receive an answer to this question. No one knew!

Don't know about Alamo but we are renting a car from Ft. Lauderdale and dropping it off at Miami airport using National and they told us they do shuttle you to the cruise port from their Miami airport facility. We're counting on it!!

We are using Hertz. They said that there was a shuttle from the airport to the port, and vice versa. DW wanted to rent a car rather than take ours, she didn't want to put the miles on ours. Turns out it's cheaper to rent than to park our own (about $40). I'd rather not have the hassle and just take ours, but it turns out that the three of us are packed in four suitcases (2 large and 2 smallish). That NEVER would have happened with DWs SUV (last two cruises were about 7 bags). Love the smaller trunk!!!

Back to the thread...anyone ever take the Hertz shuttle from the airport to the port?

Thrifty, Dollar and Alamo offer shuttles from the port to their off-airport location.

I'm having trouble with the Dollar suggestion noted here. I booked their Citywide pickup location for a post-cruise Miami rental and got a decent $30 rate. Doing a little extra work, I discovered this Citywide location is actually the Executive Airport 30 min. away. When I put in for Port of Miami pickup, the rate went to $130/daily! Needless to say my first rez is being cancelled and I'm starting over. Are the shuttles taking us back to Biscayne Bvld. area and therefore should I be booking at a downtown location, or even the airport? Thanks in advance for the help.

We booked a car through dollar for our feb cruise- We are picking it up at the airport, but they won't let us drop it off at the port- they will shuttle us back to the port from the airport location, and said that we can pick up a car at the port location if we need one after the cruise. I found their website confusing.

We booked a car through dollar for our feb cruise- We are picking it up at the airport, but they won't let us drop it off at the port- they will shuttle us back to the port from the airport location, and said that we can pick up a car at the port location if we need one after the cruise. I found their website confusing.

The port location and the airport location are one and the same. There are no cars sitting dockside at POM waiting to be driven away.

Thrifty, Dollar and Alamo offer shuttles from the port to their off-airport location.

Many thx Bequia and lucy12. Also found another thread here listing discount codes. Cancelled Dollar and now working with portside locations as Avis/Hertz with more reasonable alternatives, thanks again to CC.

Anyone used Budget to POM? The website says that they have a pick up service. I'm also wondering if that includes drop off as well.

Thanks

I was going to use Budget , for a minivan out of Jacksonville, and drop at nearest Budget to POM. I called that location directly, " he told me no free shuttles, appx $18 for cab back to POM" I have read on here that Budget will transfer you back to POM from airport but can't get a Budget confirmation? When I try other companies, as soon as I enter mini van, it says sold out if I try and return it anywhere other than Miami airport. :confused: So wieghing extra cab verses extra car rental dollars, just for free shuttle fom airport?

We are using Hertz. They said that there was a shuttle from the airport to the port' date=' and vice versa. DW wanted to rent a car rather than take ours, she didn't want to put the miles on ours. Turns out it's cheaper to rent than to park our own (about $40). I'd rather not have the hassle and just take ours, but it turns out that the three of us are packed in four suitcases (2 large and 2 smallish). That NEVER would have happened with DWs SUV (last two cruises were about 7 bags). Love the smaller trunk!!!

Back to the thread...anyone ever take the Hertz shuttle from the airport to the port?[/quote']

There is a Hertz location that is closer to POM than the airport that offers shuttle to and from the port. 354 Southeast 1st St. 786-425-2515

We haven't used them yet but we do have a reservation with them. I have read positive posts with regard to this location.

Port Of Miami--

For our Jan. cruise, I found Budget to have the lowest price for a full size (Ford Taurus at $47.67 all incl.) using a discount code.

For our party of 10, due to the number of pieces of luggage (7 decked out females lol!) and wanting to drive around Friday PM/evening to get an overview of Miami Beach/South Beach, the most economical rental agency was Thrifty. We're renting two full size SUVs - Grand Cherokees - for $66.30 each all incl. booked through Travelocity. That's going from FLL and dropping off as close to pier as possible which for Thrifty seems to be 1521 Collins Ave. ~3 miles from POM. We'll drop off 8 of us at the pier, then drop off the rental cars and taxi back to the pier, or maybe get a free shuttle! I'm hoping the taxi back to the pier isn't more than $20. Shouldn't be if it's only 3 miles!

Do you think the Airport is closer? If there truly is a free shuttle for Thrifty from the Airport to the pier, then we'll do it. I'm just not 100% sure there is. Bequia??

We'll see what happens. I'm not really expecting a free shuttle back to the port, just don't want it to be too far. If there is a free shuttle to the port, great!

POM Fees -

Anyone know what the fee is to enter to the port w/ two rental cars? Will that be a pain? I've only cruised out of Port Everglades using a taxi for drop off. Help, please! :)

..... dropping off as close to pier as possible which for Thrifty seems to be 1521 Collins Ave. ~3 miles from POM. We'll drop off 8 of us at the pier, then drop off the rental cars and taxi back to the pier, POM Fees - what is the fee is to enter to the port w/ two rental cars? Will that be a pain?

Stick with your plan, drop off your passengers at the port (there are no fees involved to drop off passengers at the port) and return the vehicle to the Collins Ave location.

Free shuttles are sometimes more of a pia then they're worth, even when free. The taxi from the Collins Ave location to the port should be under $15. The taxi is quick, easy and it takes you directly to your terminal, none of which will you get from the free shuttle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Don't know about Alamo but we are renting a car from Ft. Lauderdale and dropping it off at Miami airport using National and they told us they do shuttle you to the cruise port from their Miami airport facility. We're counting on it!!

Did this work? We're planning on doing the same thing, flying into FLL a couple of days early, cruising out of Miami, and wanted to confirm that National will shuttle you to the pier.

Also, what about the return trip, will National pick you up at the pier in Miami?

We're lucky enough to have more free rental days than we can use at National, so another car rental agency really isn't an option.

Thanks.

We were going to go with Alamo but we have decided to use National when we return after our Miami cruise. After reading several posts here, I think we are going to forget about any free shuttle and take the $24 taxi to the airport. We used points for our car and got a convertible!!:D We just have to pay for insurance and taxes. I love a good deal!

Archived