Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

[QUOTE] Just have a nice time together!! When you get home, find a nice movie to watch, no news, and just cuddle!!! [/QUOTE]Marci,

Have a great time with hubby! In the morning, gather the family together for some quality time with the kids.
I'm sure this is a stressful time for them & reassurances are needed by all.

Ok, guys. Here is the skinny!!! I just went to a site I check all the time. It had no change at 5 p.m. Now it does. It has a map for Grand Caymen, Cuba, Key west, and Tallahasse. Does that tell you anything??

track...[url]http://skeetobite.com/FLHurricane/ivantrack_adv38.gif[/url]
Grand Caymen...[url]http://skeetobite.com/FLHurricane/streets_cayman.gif[/url]
Cuba....[url]http://skeetobite.com/FLHurricane/streets_cuba.gif[/url]
Key west...[url]http://skeetobite.com/FLHurricane/streets_keys.gif[/url]
Tallahassee...[url]http://skeetobite.com/FLHurricane/streets_keys.gif[/url]

Sue,

I don't want to speak too soon, but it is looking promising right now, at least for your area and Tampa Bay. I pity anyone who gets hit by Ivan the Terrible. We spent today boarding up the house, filling up the cars and getting the generator ready to go. What a job finding that generator this week! I spent about 10 hours tracking one down to the Costco Membership Warehouse at Clearwater Mall. They're worth their weight in gold. Take care and stay safe down there. As you say, we'll get through this one too. Do you remember what we used to do on weekends other than preparing for hurricanes? I seem to have forgotten...

LOL!! It is getting to be second nature!! I don't remember either. After Frances, I didn't put anything away. Just scrubbed out the big barrels we use for water. I feel so terrible for all these people losing so much. It is a nightmare. But yes, we will get through this together. When this hurricane season ends, we have to thank everyone on this board, from all over the country, that said prayers and gave all Floridians so much support. We are so lucky to be part of this wonderful board!!!! :) Be safe Monk!!

Hello from the N.W. FL Panhandle in Pensacola. I have to tell ya I'm getting a little nervous with the latest update of Ivan. I came home and people are already boarding up here. I finished up buying my hurricane supplies today. The stores were crazy. I have two cats and I went all over to buy a carrier and there were none to be found! Finally my last stop, there was ONE left. I guess everyone had the same idea I had, take the pets and get the heck out of dodge! I had already decided that if this stupid hurricane came up this way, I wasn't going to stay. I've been through several Cat 3 hurricanes and it wasn't fun as my south Florida neighbors are accutely aware of. At this point, I'm just not sure which direction to go..Ivan keeps moving ever so slightly west at each update. East ..west..north...and how far ..who knows! Anyone out there live in my area? :eek:

Jan

I have been lurking and reading for weeks, but this is getting to me. I still can't believe a 3rd one inside a month. I don't know how all you folks are handling it.
I am also in awe of how nice we humans can be when we want to be. This board proves it! People who wouldn't know each other if they walked into the same room are helping each other out with phone calls, information, tips, and best of all, prayers. I love it!
Hats off to all of the 'helpers' here...you know who you are!! ;) I lift you [b][u][i]all[/i][/u][/b] up in prayer and thought. Take care of yourselves, please.

Jan, it is only a suggestion, i may be wrong, but if I were to leave from your area, I would go to the east coast. Just drive down a couple of hundred miles!! Then watch the weather carefully!! You will be north enough to make any alternatives as needed. Our county is suggesting Miami area, but I feel that is too far south. If it should turn and come straight up from the keys, you would be caught!!

Snorkelcat, you are so right! I've been around on these boards for awhile and the last couple of weeks, there has been more than a few times I've gotten teary eyed reading about the people here who are so compassionate and offering their help to those here and who are probably total strangers. ... For example, I just received an email from Doris (dori) telling me I'm welcome to come to her house and offering her help anyway she could ..even though she's in CA..Someone who doesn't even know me..it really moves me beyond words.... Doris..BIG HUG to ya! This is just an example of the wonderful people on this board.

Thanks Sue, going east has occured to me. Earlier it didn't but this westward wobble has me changing my mind. I thought about getting on I-10 and go east to Jacksonville. Earlier I was going to go north to Birmingham AL but now I'm not sure. Maybe I just need to get on I-10 and drive straight to Texas! :eek: Actually maybe I just need to move back to Missouri where my family is. LOL :eek:

Morning Sue!
Looks like another day of waiting & wondering. I don't know how you can handle all this uncertainty.
Difficult to say which would be worse.. the mental or physical strain of waiting for the outcome of another storm.
Stay safe & take care of yourself!

Now for a nice story to let you know there are honest people out there. When we got the nail in my tire yesterday DH took it to a local tire store. They said-- [i]tire is ruined, you have to buy a new one[/i]. Since we just bought the car he took it to the dealer in Punta Gorda, who had suffered unimanigable destruction to the dealership during Charley. DH said, I need a new tire. No, said the dealer [i]I can fix it easy. [/i]I really felt good to know there are people out there that don't try to take advantage of you.

A new possibility!! It is going south of Grand Caymen!! They may be getting winds of 115 mph, which is still not good, but better than the eyewall!! 20 foot waves!!! Ivan has still not turned even a little north. It may POSSIBLY brush the yukatan(sp) coast around Cancun, before it turns!!! So it may even go more west!!! This was just reported on the weather channel!!

Archived