Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

OK, I have resisted posting about Ivan until now but I think we are in for it AGAIN. Last night a local weather forecaster, who is NOT one of the gloom and doom predictors, explained how they can predict these storms so accurately because of the position of the highs and lows. I think we need to get ourselves geared up for another storm.

At least we are experienced at it about now. We never took our shutters down or the tarps off the furniture from Frances. I still have my ice, my water and my canned goods. I think my sanity is around here somewhere, I better go see if I can locate it. :rolleyes:

Fla, you are right. We are getting used to it. I didn't touch mine, either. I did clean out the water barrels. My son tried something last weekend that worked. You might be interested. He took ziplock bags and filled them with water and put them in the freezer. They froze. So now we have ice blocks for the fridge if we lose power. At least we have until Sunday this time!! :confused:

The zip locks are a good idea, Sue. I used the disposable glad containers and also put a few one gallon jugs in the freezer. As long as it is a large block it lasts a lot longer than the bags of ice.

Ivan better get here and get gone. I am donating blood for upcoming knee surgery on Monday. I do not want to have that messed up. I guess as long as I can get there they can take it.

It sure looks that way, Sue. At least it is taking my mnd off my surgery--thanks for your offer to help. I have done it once already and I am strangly calm about this time--a little like repeat hurricanes! Ha, all that ice will come in handy for my ice packs!

Good girl, Fla!!! You have all week to stock up on the ice cream. If you run out, give me a ring. I'll stock you up good!!! Even if it is in the middle of Ivan. Hubby drives good. Used to ride around with the lights on top!!! If you need any kind of help, you've got it!!! :)

I just looked at the 11am Hurricane Center tracking. It looks like Ivan is predicted to go further west into the Gulf. Also the computer models as of 11am are showing paths further West. I live up in the Tampa area. We've been extreemly lucky. Frances left us without power or phones for 2 days but that is nothing compared to what you down south or on the east coast have endured. I don't want to wish Ivan on anyone, but we sure don't need him to come up here.
Debbie

You could always move to California. The only thing we have to worry about is earthquakes. :eek: We do have a occassional flood. Right now it is hot though nearly a 100 all week but the humidity is fairly low. :( I sure hope Ivan don't hit Florida. Three in succesion is just too much.:eek:

Delores

Archived