Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

Thanks, Sue. And you are right! We're disappointed, but certainly understand the precautions and left immediately. Gotta get the tourists out to make room for the residents on the road(s) who are evacuating. :) Looks like son will be attending a dive school in Marathon starting in December...so we are already planning our next trip. :D Hope Florida doesn't get hit too bad...or anyone else any more than they already have. Grenada looks bad!

The local Home Depot ran out of generators, plywoods and NAILS !

The checkout lines at Sams were backed up all the way to the book sections, no bread only hotdog buns left. Minimum 3-car waiting time at the gas pumps - this was what I saw tonight at 630 ..People were grabbing any non-perishable items they can find in Publix ! I can't even imagine what will look like tomorrow... :eek:

Kids are now trying to find out how many days they will be out of school next week if Ivan comes ? :rolleyes:

and I don't like the 11pm map - right pass Tampa :(

Well, we have no idea what to expect!! I am gassing up and buying non-perishables tomorrow. DH os buying plywood for the windows. Just can't wrap my mind around the Jax area getting a full-fledged hurricane!! I don't know where it will make landfall, but I do believe that if and when it hits Jax, it will be considerably weakened. Still, if it makes landfall as a cat 5, we could still get a 2 or 3. Scary! :eek:

Y'all stay safe!!

[b][size=5][color=sandybrown]This SU*KS. :eek: :mad: [/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=5][color=#f4a460][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=seagreen]Where the heck is Sue? You don't suppose she has things to do to get ready for a HURRICANE??[/color][/size][/b]

My mom and dad, who are in their 90s, live in north Naples, in the Pelican Bay area. She just called a few minutes ago to say that she'd made arrangements to evacuate tomorrow to a Hilton Hotel that's a bit further inland. (Their condo building is right on the Gulf of Mexico and fully exposed). This is one time when being on the top floor in a penthouse is not the best place to be. :( She made arrangements for the cat at the vet where they've promised 24/7 caregiving. My mom arranged for a suite since she figured they'd be there for several days. :) I have to admit that I was getting terrified for her. I'll still be nervous but she'll be better-off at a low-lying hotel than in a building directly exposed.

My business partner's mom has a condo on Sanibel that she's been trying to sell for a couple of months. It came through Charley OK but it's not looking good with Ivan the Terrible.

The graphics Sue has provided for us look like Ivan will make landfall further north than Tampa area to me. I look here first for my info, but will listen to noon news in a few minutes.

I've been out this morning stocking up on gas, food, water & meds. Sure hope it is a wasted effort for all of us!

Archived