Upgrade certificate? Experiences?

chemist661

I got a latitudes upgrade certificate. I am thinking of booking a May 17 Alaska cruise on the Star. The only oceanviews available is obstructed G and D (unstructed--3 categories up) at approx $200 more pp.

On this coupon, it says that NCL will upgrade by one category or if upgrade is not available, will reduce price by one category as applicable.

I called the latitudes line & got 3 different answers. If I book G what happens. Would I get D or would they go to HH. In order to use this coupon, I can't use my Union Plus discount.

What has been your experience using this coupon?

Thanks.

I had an Alaska cruise on hold. The agent called NCL & he also got several different answers. He said he would get back to me in a few minutes. Now the hold went off. He didn't get back to me before his online agency closed. I wanted to book a cruise before the fuel surcharge takes effect & I booked a different date.

It seems that the cert can't be used with a few online agencies. One has to book higher non discounted rates in order to use the upgrade. Pay 5% more (approx $38pp to save $10-20--not worth it). Too many "strings" attached to it. :mad:

Archived