Crocs and Dunns River Falls

Soxfancruiser

I know this question has been asked numerous times, but I can't find the answer! Are Crocs allowed to climb in the falls with? I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and graduating from nursing school during that time, so if they are allowed it would be a lot easier on me than if I have to go find the correct shoe! Thanks so much!:)

I am not sure they have "rules" about shoes, I have seen people barefoot.

However, it can get very slick and I myself would want good gripping shoes.

Croc do not seem like a very wise choice when wet? Seems they would slip too much, something tighter and more form fitting would be best.

good luck.

p.s. an old pair of tennis shoes would work too.

I agree with the first answer. I think crocs would be downright dangerous. They do rent water shoes at the falls if you don't want to buy some. I used tevas which worked fine. Traction and shoes that don't slip on your feet are very important.

My thanks to both of you! I actually searched the boards and found overall resounding answer of absolutely NO for Crocs! I just found a pair of water shoes for $9.99 on Modells.com that will easily fold up in my luggage. The last thing I need is an injury in Jamaica!

Thanks again, happy cruising!:)

We just came back from Jamaica and went to Dunn's River Falls with Bamboo Beach Club. I rented water shoes at the Beach Club but my husband wore Crocs. He was able to climb with them as they kept him from slipping, but he said his foot was sliding around on the inside of the shoe so it wasn't as supportive as it should have been.

We just came back from our cruise and went to the Falls with Bamboo Beach Club. I rented shoes from the Beach Club, but my husband wore Crocs. He was able to climb in them because the kept him from slipping off the rocks, however he said his foot was slipping a little on the inside of the shoe. I think he would have been better off with something a little closer fitted.

We just came back as well. The main advantage of proper water shoes is that they are more flexible so that you have a better grip. Crocs are too rigid, and also don't fit your feet so securely. You'll enjoy the Falls, they're great fun.

Archived