2 For 1 Fares?

KeepCruizen

That's a very good question, as some of the lines start out with this concept, and some of them end up with it. I'm sure it is a matter of marketing. The best we can do is cruise on lines that offer these later "teasers" and reduce our fares. I think Radisson is pretty reliable to do that, but it is important to stay on top of things, as all Raddison agents don't hear about the redcctions,so very important you have an agent who will!

We really did get 2 for 1 on our upcoming Panama cruise in November. I saw the ad on the internet and phoned my UK TA who was very sceptical and said that she thought it was just a marketing gimmick and that there would be no availability in reality. She phoned me back 10 mins later to say 'You're on if you want it plus free flight upgrades from the UK to LA.' I just about deafened her shouting 'yes please!!'

Thanks for all the response my TA told me that in reality it is only a 25% discount as they base the price off the full price and her rates usually do better but from what everyone is saying here it sounds like it is a great deal. Do alot of the fares change from full price to 2 for 1 as they get closer to sailing and need to fill space?

Thanks everyone!

Denise

I think Radisson has moved into the mode of offering the best prices straight out in the beginning. If things change later, you can take advantage of better pricing. But if you don't book early, you won't be able to later get the "deals" they are offering. I am a price shopper, as I sail on Radisson often. Once you have booked, from my experience, after that you will always get any reduction in price that comes afterward. Sometimes you have to ask, particularly if your TA is not familiar with Radisson.

We just returned home last night following a post cruise stay on Manihi after B2B on PG from 8/21-9/4. We had booked this trip a year in advance. When it went to free air and 50% off second guest our travel agent reworked everything and refunded us a nice sum. It is true that the reduced fares are based on the brochure fare, not any group fares or other specials you may already have. But you still get your 5% Seven Seas Society savings if you are a past RSSC passenger and if you have an onboard booking you still also get that 5% discount. The 8/21 sailing had all but 4 cabins occupied (many of whom had booked in the final 8 weeks prior to embarkation). As of 8/21 there were only 200 passengers booked for the 8/28 sailing and that number moved up to 212 as a few more booked from home and a few couples took advantage of what was rumored to be a very attractive rate offered them to stay onboard another week.

Archived