Snorkeling on St. Lucia

kcnn01

I have snorkeled in both places and they both are good. In Barbados it was a little more crowded but we snorkeled at 3 spots. In St lucia we had a private tour and we were the only people snorkeling where we stopped at 3 stops also. We were in a boat at both we paid less in Barbados but had complete privacy in St Lucia but we paid extra for the privacy we also had a complete land tour in St Lucia along with the snorkeling.

I deleted it because after I posted it I realized it wasn't in response to the barbados versus st. lucia question. I will put my comment in a more appropriate place where it is responsive to the question asked.

Awe...thanks, I was hoping it was a bit about your thoughts, on your snorkel stops. It's been so great to read the details of your trip so far. Good to hear Hugo's name mentioned and that he has his own web site now. Never did think to get his number, thanks for that! Haven't heard his name mentioned on the message boards for years. We used Hugo as our get-away driver years ago from the Sandals Halcyon, (with no where to go) Ha! and had just a BLAST with him. Wished he was located closer to the Soufriere area, as we would have used him all week long, for our short outings. Good Man he is...

Well, I don't know how St. Lucia compares to Barbados on the snorkeling, but I could compare to Hawaii or Aruba. Both Hawaii and Aruba were better. Saw lots more fish and coral at both those locations. St. Lucia was ok, just not the best I've seen.

That is great you know and used Hugo too! He told my parents he still works some at the Halcyon in the off season. We really did like him a lot. Very friendly, courteous, and we just hit it off with him. He is real genuine, if you know what I mean. There were a couple times his buddy Claude took us somewhere and then both of them came with us to Gros Islet Street Party. Hackshaw's recommended him. Hackshaw also told me he is in process of putting together his own land/sea excursion, just not on his website yet.

Archived