Anyone just off the Enchantment..???

mitaxi

The Enchantment does NOT usually tender in Cozumel. That week was a special holiday sailing, and the ship arrived the same day as other ships, not on it's usual day.

Usually the ship docks at the TMM International pier, a few miles south of town.

Scott

Actually, it wasn't a special holiday sailing. They reversed Enchantments itinerary for the 5 days, and we ended up in Coz on a day they weren't planning on the ship being there.

If people had known that they would have to tender ahead of time, there may not have been such bad feelings. Most people incorrectly assumed that we would dock, as was scheduled when we booked the cruise.

We spent 2 1/2 hours of our day in Coz either in tender lines, or on the tenders. Not fun, especially when we weren't expecting it.

Ship happens, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Hey there - my husband and I just got off the Enchantment, did a 5 night to Key West, Cozumel, and supposed to go to Belize. Our itinerary did change at the last minute - I checked it by chance the Sat before we left for Ft. Lauderdale. It flipped so that our day at sea was the last day, not the first day. We did not get a phone call or email about it, but we didn't mind, what good would have complaining done? They rearranged all of our excursions for us and were very accomodating. We were told the itinerary changed because a generator on board was acting up, or something to that effect., and needed repair. It was our first cruise so we didn't care - we were having too much fun. We did not get to go to Belize - a crew member on board with a heart condition needed serious medical attention, and we were 29 nautical miles from Belize and had to turn around and go back to Cozumel to drop him off. The Captain said a helicopter would not have had enough fuel to get out to where we were and back. So we had an early day at sea and they took us to CoCo Cay, which we loved. Lots of people were really upset - and like us, the reason they booked the trip was for Belize, but honestly, we had a blast. They refunded our excursion to our seapass and had lots of fun things planned for our day at sea. FYI - the Punta Sur Eco Park excursion in Cozumel was lots of fun. Got to see the park, part of a Myan Ruin, the Punta Sur Lighthouse, and snorkeling. I will say this - this particular snorkel required lots of swimming. If you aren't a strong swimmer, stay on the beach. I made it out there but couldn't make it back so a kayaker took me back to the beach. Definately burned off all the calories from the buffet that morning! And we got lucky - our celebrity entertainement was the Nelson Brothers, doing a tribute concert to their father, Ricky Nelson. All in all, we liked the Enchantment just fine.

Hey there - . . . FYI - the Punta Sur Eco Park excursion in Cozumel was lots of fun. Got to see the park, part of a Myan Ruin, the Punta Sur Lighthouse, and snorkeling. I will say this - this particular snorkel required lots of swimming. If you aren't a strong swimmer, stay on the beach. I made it out there but couldn't make it back so a kayaker took me back to the beach. Definately burned off all the calories from the buffet that morning! And we got lucky - our celebrity entertainement was the Nelson Brothers, doing a tribute concert to their father, Ricky Nelson. All in all, we liked the Enchantment just fine.

We also did this excursion in November and really enjoyed it. Punta Sur was beautiful. Did you get to see the saltwater crocs? That was pretty cool.

My husband and I got off of the Enchantment on 11/19. We were scheduled to go to Key West & Cozumel. Key West got cancelled so we had an extra sea day and we went straight to Cozumel. We stayed at Cozumel until midnight the day we were there and we didn't have to tender (bonus!). We also wound up getting $200 on board credit and 25% of our money will be credited for future cruise. We still had a great time and made the most of it.

I too had a problem in the dining room. Our waitress would disappear for a while, we didn't get our coffee with dessert even after we asked for it twice, we were always the last table served and the last to leave the dining room. Our servers were not nearly as warm and friendly than those we've had on other RCCI cruises. I also noticed a lot of the crew at various times just congregating in the hallway chatting which I would think that it would be unacceptable to do in the areas where the passengers are. It doesn't set a good example.

Otherwise this was a little cruise for my DH and I to get away without the kids...needless to say, given the circumstances we still would go on Enchantment again.

thanks for everyone's replies re: tendering.

i'll be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. don't have any set plans for the day so i'll just try and be patient and wait out the crowds....maybe have extra time to enjoy my first balcony room!!

Archived