Travellodge in Long Beach?

travelgrammy

I have never stayed there but I owned a condo less than a block from there. The neighborhood is safe as far as downtown neighborhoods go. You will be near the artist district and many very nice restaurants and bars, in fact one of Long Beaches nicest steak houses the 555 is just one block from there. Also just one block away is Ocean blvd where you can catch a free bus to other areas of downtown or for $1 you can catch a bus to the Queen Mary or Belmont shore.

I have never stayed there but I owned a condo less than a block from there. The neighborhood is safe as far as downtown neighborhoods go. You will be near the artist district and many very nice restaurants and bars, in fact one of Long Beaches nicest steak houses the 555 is just one block from there. Also just one block away is Ocean blvd where you can catch a free bus to other areas of downtown or for $1 you can catch a bus to the Queen Mary or Belmont shore.

Thanks Ozbuc. The ad claimed that you can walk from the hotel to the dock, guess that's wrong. But being near the artist district sounds good; we'll be coming in Sunday afternoon so we'll have time to look around.

How close is the Travelodge to the Carnival Terminal? Is this in a good neighborhood? Can you recommend any other hotels near the Carnival Terminal around 100.00? We will not have a car as we are using the Super Shuttle.

Thank You.

Very mixed reviews about the Travelodge on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32648-d77678-Reviews-Long_Beach_Convention_Center_Travelodge-Long_Beach_California.html

We've booked at the Best Western at the Convention Centre, just round the corner from the Travelodge, but with much better reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32648-d630313-Reviews-Best_Western_Hotel_at_the_Convention_Center-Long_Beach_California.html

Archived