Vancouver Restaurant Recommendations

My DH and I will be in Vancouver 3 nights post-cruise in late June 2008. I Would greatly appreciate recommendations for good places to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

We will be staying at A Sutton Place Hotel and will be using public transportation. We prefer to eat at places the locals go to for great food at reasonable prices.

Breakfast Ideas: Is there any place nearby with great bagels or breakfast sandwiches and coffee?

Lunch Ideas: Soups, salads or Sandwiches?

Dinner Ideas: We like Seafood, Italian, Asian, Good Burgers & Bar Food.

Thanks for all your help.

My DH and I will be in Vancouver 3 nights post-cruise in late June 2008. I Would greatly appreciate recommendations for good places to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

We will be staying at A Sutton Place Hotel and will be using public transportation. We prefer to eat at places the locals go to for great food at reasonable prices.

Breakfast Ideas: Is there any place nearby with great bagels or breakfast sandwiches and coffee?

Lunch Ideas: Soups, salads or Sandwiches?

Dinner Ideas: We like Seafood, Italian, Asian, Good Burgers & Bar Food.

Thanks for all your help.

I always enjoy the award winning Banana Leaf Malaysian restaurants when I go to Vancouver. http://bananaleaf-vancouver.com/ Because you are staying at Sutton Place, you can walk to the Denman St location. For dessert try True Confections http://www.trueconfections.ca/main.html also on Denman St. for a mile high piece of cake!

Check out this web site - it will give you some idea of what's available for you in the eating area

http://www.englishbay.com

There is a Denny's across the street from your Hotel - a Tim Horton's - Canada's answer to Dunkin donuts - a block away -

For seafood - Joe Fortes is close by - for good burgers you have the choice of Red Robin, Cautus Club, Earl's, Vera's - White Spot Triple 0's to name a few.

For steak there is a Keg restaurant on Thurlow - a 2 block walk

There is Don Fransesco's across the street - upscale Italian menu - a new restaurant called Joey's restaurant and grill opening soon - appears to have a good selection of menu choices.

Lombardi's for upscale Pizza and Italian in the Scotia theatre building across the street - also a Thai - Malayasian place there as well.

There are many Asian restaurants all along Robson street.

You won't have far to go to have a meal in downtown Vancouver.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Archived