December cruisers

stoneharborlady

Would like to request of those of you lucky enough to be cruising this month to share with us upon your return, some of your photos of the holiday decorations. Someone here posted that Princess still follows an old seafaring tradition of securing a Christmas tree to the mast. Would love to see a photo of that. Pretty please!!

Karen

Would like to request of those of you lucky enough to be cruising this month to share with us upon your return, some of your photos of the holiday decorations. Someone here posted that Princess still follows an old seafaring tradition of securing a Christmas tree to the mast. Would love to see a photo of that. Pretty please!!

Karen

Yes they do...but when we were on the Star Princess for our New Year's Cruise the tree was dead. It wasn't even green anymore. Doesn't last long in the hot sun.

I will also post our photographs. We will be on the CB December 16 and we are really excited. I asked the question on the bord recently re. holiday decorations and that question has sparked the discussion Holiday Decorations vs Christmas Decorations. All I was asking for was what the ship looked like for the Season. Anyway, I will see for myself very soon and I will share photos with anyone who is interested!

I will also post our photographs. We will be on the CB December 16 and we are really excited. I asked the question on the bord recently re. holiday decorations and that question has sparked the discussion Holiday Decorations vs Christmas Decorations. All I was asking for was what the ship looked like for the Season. Anyway, I will see for myself very soon and I will share photos with anyone who is interested!

LOL..I saw that. You asked a question and probably expected a simple answer. I had a feeling it would turn into something much more. Have a great cruise.

Stoneharborlady,

I'll definately post some pictures of the decorations for you upon my return! I've also heard that princess still follows the traditon of securing a Christmas tree to the mast. Hoping its there! I bet its definately a sight worth seeing!!

Yes they do...but when we were on the Star Princess for our New Year's Cruise the tree was dead. It wasn't even green anymore. Doesn't last long in the hot sun.

Didn't know that. We were parked next to the Crown last year and didn't see it.

Well we will be on the Crown in 12 more days I will have to wait and see:D

If we were strapped to the mast, baked in the hot sun, and slapped with salt sea and air, we probably wouldn't look too fresh either! :D

I got off the Dawn yesterday. The holiday decorations were up. From what I could tell, they consisted of garlands, bows, wreaths and some artificial Christmas trees, all in the atrium area. I saw nothing outside or in other areas of the ship. (What is the mast on a cruise ship? I thought only sailing ships had masts?)

Archived