Experience with "connecting-cabins" on Atlantis Cruises?

pmanchuk

Hey everyone,

My partner and I are booked on the Navigator of the Seas for the July Med. cruise with Atlantis. Here's my odd question...

Has anyone here had any experience being booked in a connecting-cabin (and not knowing the people in the other cabin) on an Atlantis cruise? I asked on the Royal Caribbean board since it's the Navigator, but I got about a 50/50 split, some saying there's a lot of noise intrusion from the connecting door to saying they never noticed it.

Anyway, I'm guessing that my fellow cruisers on this trip might be a bit more "lively" particularly at later hours, so I'm just wondering what other have experienced with this particular issue and if I need to call Atlantis and see if they can find me a non-connecting cabin?

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,

My partner and I are booked on the Navigator of the Seas for the July Med. cruise with Atlantis. Here's my odd question...

Has anyone here had any experience being booked in a connecting-cabin (and not knowing the people in the other cabin) on an Atlantis cruise? I asked on the Royal Caribbean board since it's the Navigator, but I got about a 50/50 split, some saying there's a lot of noise intrusion from the connecting door to saying they never noticed it.

Anyway, I'm guessing that my fellow cruisers on this trip might be a bit more "lively" particularly at later hours, so I'm just wondering what other have experienced with this particular issue and if I need to call Atlantis and see if they can find me a non-connecting cabin?

Thanks in advance.

OK, not Atlantis, but RSVP: We had connecting cabins on the Amsterdam and never heard a thing. On the Caribbean Princess we did not have a connecting cabin but woke up one night with a "domestic dispute" happening next door. The rest of the cruise was quiet.

The noise problem I had on an Atlantis cruise was the music from the parties that went on all night. All night - every night all I heard was BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM from that annoying dance music. Try to get a cabin as far away as possible from the party venues. Be careful of being under the pool deck too!

Hey Wyldboy72,

Thanks for the info, although I'm not sure if it was supposed to be comic relief or serious :) I know the Atlantis cruise will have parties to the wee hours of the morning and not that I'll be at every one of them, but maybe a few.

Anyway, with that said, I'm booked in a suite, all of which are on deck 10 (right under the pool deck)... so that might be an issue BUT then again, that's why I'm going to stay in Rome for a week after the cruise... to "recover" :eek:

I was being serious! If you do plan on actually sleeping, you might want to take earplugs or something. I barely slept that whole week from the music. As for being under the pool deck - they DRAG the deck chairs back out early in the morning.

Hey there.. again thanks for the heads up. I was on the Freedom of the Seas a little over a year ago (granted for a straight cruise GASP LOL) in an Owner's Suite on deck 10... and I never heard anything from the pool deck above in terms of dragging chairs, etc.

However, as I mentioned, I'm assuming noise might be more of an issue being an Atlantis cruise and with the parties, but I guess it's just an issue I'll have to deal with when I get there... maybe earplugs aren't a bad idea... thanks for the idea!

As far as the whole connecting room issue goes, I actually lucked out today and was able to snag a different suite :)

Hey there.. again thanks for the heads up. I was on the Freedom of the Seas a little over a year ago (granted for a straight cruise GASP LOL) in an Owner's Suite on deck 10... and I never heard anything from the pool deck above in terms of dragging chairs, etc.

However, as I mentioned, I'm assuming noise might be more of an issue being an Atlantis cruise and with the parties, but I guess it's just an issue I'll have to deal with when I get there... maybe earplugs aren't a bad idea... thanks for the idea!

As far as the whole connecting room issue goes, I actually lucked out today and was able to snag a different suite :)

Wldboy72 has a point.. I was located on deck 7 on seranade of the seas in march and could hear the booming from the pool deck down on deck 7 and I was glad I was not up further.. Its not just the party noise but the booming vibration from the speakers.

We like to party as well but usually retire before the party is over. Unlike a straight cruise, the pool decks are converted to a party dance floor on theme parties with lots of loud booming music. Its a great party and if you are the type to party to the wee hours then getting a room on deck 10 probably won't be a problem but if you are concerned about noise from the neighbours I would be more concerned about noise from the pool deck.

This cruise I am located on deck 8 which is far enough away from the party so I can sleep ok when I am done partying.

Just something for you to think about, unfortunately if you want a suite room most of the large suites are located on deck 10.

Maybe someone with some experience being located under the pool deck will respond in this forum. It would be interesting to hear how much they could actually hear from the party.

Retlawv,

Thanks for the feedback... and I am concerned that being on deck 10 might be an issue with the noise, but considering the bf wants an owner's suite, there's not much I can do (I doubt Royal Caribbean would be willing to move one down a few decks for little ole' me... wishful thinking though).

I don't know how much they'll help, but I'm definitely going to be packing some earplugs just in case! And worst case scenario, I can always catch up on the lost sleep the week after the cruise while I'm still in Rome.

But even with this one concern, I'm still looking very forward to it and am hoping for the best... but then again, anything has to be better than my only other cruise on the straight boat filled with family, grandparents, and rednecks alike hehe

We just came off the Atlantis Mexican Cruise last October and had a connecting cabin, never heard our neighbor. Just saw him enjoying his coffee every morning on his balconey-au natural! As for the noise from the parties did hear that but in the aft section only. My suggestion if you're concerned about noise-lower deck, forward.

Archived