St. John's Snorkeling by Dinghy Rental ?'s

MNbarMAN

My wife & I will be in St. Thomas in January from 7am-7pm on the Norwegian Dawn. We are tentatively planning (depending on weather) on taking the ferry over to St. John's and renting a dinghy to snorkel and beach hop around the island. I have entered gps waypoints on my gps through information provided by google earth. This should provide us with a route so we don't get lost.

Our plan is to rent the dinghy in Cruz Bay and head straight for Waterlemon Cay for starters. Then we'll make our way back with stops at Cinnamon Bay and Trunk Bay. We plan on taking the 3:45pm ferry back to St. Thomas.

I realize we will probably need the dinghy for more than the typical 4 hour rental period, so we may negotiate a full day price as we'll need it from about 9am-3:00pm.

Does anyone have any helpful info we might need to consider? Does anyone know how long it would take to get to Waterlemon from Cruz Bay by dinghy? If you've ever attempted something similar, thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

We rented all day (9-4) from Noah's Little Arks for $130 plus $20 gasoline surcharge. http://www.divelowkey.com/watersports.htm

We too went to Waterlemon Cay first and worked our way back to Cruz Bay. It only takes about 30-minutes to get from Cruz Bay to Waterlemon Cay by dinghy. We had the time of our lives. It is the best way to see all the great north shore beaches of St. John.

Archived