4th passenger bed set-up

CarolynB

We have recently booked a family cruise on the Star. At this point we have 4 cabins booked. Does anyone have pictures or know how the 4th passenger bed set up might be. I have seen pictures of the 3rd bed, a drop down from the wall, but where is the 4th passenger bed? This is for an ocean-view cabin.

the fourth bed is a trundle bed it comes up from underneath the two regular beds....I have slept on it one night....its ok for a small person only...IMO. It makes one BIG bed accross the room ....

I have stayed in this configuration twice with my husband and our two boys ages 4 and 2. Just like smeyer said the configuration makes one big bed for three and the 4th sleeps on the bunk. As these rooms are rated for 4 people, I could never ever see doing this with another couple or even older children. Ideally, this is a nice set up for a couple with 2 small children. Every morning we would put the trundle away as your room really becomes one big bed while it's up. My husband and 2 boys take the triple bed and I am happy to take the bunk!;)

Liz

Hi,

Don't know if it will work on the Star, but on the Dawn we moved a little bedside table and a setee thing. We then re-arranged the trundle by pulling back one of the beds and made a U. This way people could get out of bed without clambering back to the end of the bed.

Even the cabin steward was in Ahh.... He invited all his buddies to come and see. Of course I had read about it here on CC but my husband didn't believe it would work. Much work and skeptism but all worth it in the end. If I'd had pictures it would have been easy. The following pictures are of an inside on the Dawn but I helped others do it in an outside so I know it can work on that ship.

Best part is we then had 3 beds to store luggage under instead of just one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2752587760099991182tnPzsf

Good luck and please let others know if it works on other ships.

the fourth bed is a trundle bed it comes up from underneath the two regular beds....I have slept on it one night....its ok for a small person only...IMO. It makes one BIG bed accross the room ....

Myself, I would much prefer what Monicajay did,

While this picture is of an inside, the OP may find it informational for seeing the normal setup:

574158353_shipbeds.jpg.bcc8cd36e6c1e3d52d3652a70ae73119.jpg

mbisson,

Your wall to wall bed picture was what original scared me into taking the time and effort to re-arrange the furniture.

We were very happy with the U-shape.

Perhaps, if you brought a picture and showed the cabin steward, he might do it for you.:rolleyes:

I can still hear my DH "this isn't going to work, are you sure this will work?"

ROTFL-

I remember seeing your photo over a year ago (I think). I had a cruise booked on the Star (cabin for 4) when I saw the "regular" setup. I cancelled that cruise instead of having a family bed---then a while later I saw your photo. It was too late for us to change back, but we had a great cruise on the Sun anyhow! :D

-Monte

mbisson,

Your wall to wall bed picture was what original scared me into taking the time and effort to re-arrange the furniture.

We were very happy with the U-shape.

Perhaps, if you brought a picture and showed the cabin steward, he might do it for you.:rolleyes:

I can still hear my DH "this isn't going to work, are you sure this will work?"

Monte,

Although the U was fine, it is one of the reasons we are trying Costa this year. We have a bigger cabin with a balcony for the same per/day rate total as we had for an inside on the Dawn.

I will however, miss freestyle but will try to make up for it by enjoying the toga night.

Wall to wall bed picture was posted by the GUY who is no longer here:(

Wall to wall bed picture was posted by the GUY who is no longer here:(

I saw another photo that was taken with someones daughter on the bed & then that "other" photo was put up. He's on the Gem right now (lucky him!)

• 1 year later...

Archived