catamaran trip

easyed

Hi I am not a regular on this board, I was just browsing through, but I have done that trip. (Yes it is in Chile) The ships ankor in a channel and the only people who go off the ship are the ones who book the tour as there is no port ..... once on the catamaran you stay on it but you go to this amazing huge glacier, when I was there we saw 3 huge pieces of the glacier fall off (a little worrying when you think of global warming) but it was wonderful to see it and to hear the thunderous noise, (we also got really close to the glacier, everyone loved it) the trip if I remember took around 3 hours and the cruise line supplied Hot CHocolate and sandwhiches onboard the catamaran. If you stay on board then its like another sea day.

Hope this helps

I googled "laguna san rafael catamaran" and came up with a company that does several tours. Here's the link. http://www.chile-tours.com/catamar.htm

The price, were you to book directly with them, is considerably less than the $209 you mentioned. Of course, I don't know what is included in the Oceania tour vs. direct booking - or if this is even the same trip. I do know from experience that you can usually book your own tours for a great deal less than a ship's tour.

I googled "laguna san rafael catamaran" and came up with a company that does several tours. Here's the link. http://www.chile-tours.com/catamar.htm

The price, were you to book directly with them, is considerably less than the $209 you mentioned. Of course, I don't know what is included in the Oceania tour vs. direct booking - or if this is even the same trip. I do know from experience that you can usually book your own tours for a great deal less than a ship's tour.

I know that the trip that you book with Oceania picks you ship side in the the harbour. I don't know if this company is the same one. I can't believe that their are many companies.

Yes the Catamaran comes alongside the vessel ... not sure if independent boats are permitted alongside, there are alot of safety issues/height of the vessels/permission/security ect.... you may want to check on that before booking something:cool:

Archived