Te Puia compared to cultural center in Hawaii?

whiskers9

We visited the Cultural Center in Hawaii a year ago. We saw the performance of New Zealand with dancing and singing and some of the crafts. Will it be too similar going to Te Puia? I realize what we saw is a smaller scale, but trying to do as much in a day as possible.

We visited the Cultural Center in Hawaii a year ago. We saw the performance of New Zealand with dancing and singing and some of the crafts. Will it be too similar going to Te Puia? I realize what we saw is a smaller scale, but trying to do as much in a day as possible.

There is a lot more to TE PUIA than the glimpse at the Hawaiian Cultural Centre......DO IT ;)

There is a lot more to TE PUIA than the glimpse at the Hawaiian Cultural Centre......DO IT ;)

Kia ora i Rotorua,

Te Puia has a lot to offer. With Rotorua being a major centre of Maori culture there are a number of alternatives as well. Eg. Whakarewarewa, is adjacent to Te Puia with the added attraction of being a 'living' village where people live and carry out their daily lives. Some cooking is still carried out utilizing the natural hot water. In some parts of Rotorua some of the plants only put their roots down a few inches as the ground is too hot for them to go deeper! A recent makeover of the marae area at Whaka had to contend with 'hot' ground and this can be seen when visiting the marae area.

Tena koutou katoa.

Aquariansicon7.gificon7.gif

Archived