Weddings on a cruise

Karen Carney

I probably will get some folks mad at me, but I just can't help it...;) ;)

Take a look at Princess, they have the only dedicated wedding chapels at sea. They specialize in weddings/vow renewals. A very nice service with a number of extras, they even have a web cam set up so if freinds and family can't make it they can tune in and watch.

www.princess.com or for the direct link http://www.princess.com/onboard/weddings/

Just in case your Granddaughter opts for a marriage ceremony on one of the islands the cruise visits, keep in mind the following scenario. On one cruise the bride, groom and both sets of parents were onboard ship. The attendants and guests were on the island where the wedding was scheduled to take place. A hurricane made it necessary to skip the island in question. They were able to arrange for a wedding on another island with the help of Celebrity Cruises but what a disaster and a terrible expense for the guests.

Thank you all for the great ideas and web sites. This seems so confusing to me. The wedding and the cruise are supposed to coincide with my grandson's graduation from West Point in May. Graduation is on a Saturday so I believe we have to plan on a ship sailing from around NY on the Sunday following.

Thank you once again as I can use all the help I can get.

Everything that Celebrity had a hand in was wonderful. The cake was probably the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had. The ships photographer was amazing. We had a sit-down luncheon after the wedding aboard the ship. The food was terrific. The only stressful part was trying to get 60 people through security and to the correct spots on the ship. The flowers that A Wedding For You aranged for were amazing as well. I didn't upgrade my bouquet at all it had roses (in my choice of color) and Dendrodium Orchids in white (I believe they also come in purple) It was according to our guests one of the nicest weddings they had ever attended. And Celebrity staff is just amazing. It felt like our wedding continued all week. We even wore our wedding clothing on the second formal night to the Captain's Cocktail Party and had a dance together that ended up on the cruise in review video. Everything about my experience was wonderful. The ceremony was up in the Constellation Lounge and it was just beautiful. And the pictures, well let me just say we had 270 pictures taken and we had to buy them all. Along with our negatives....they was just too meny nice pictures to choose from. Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions and I will answer them as best I can.

Archived