Triumph 11/24

cruzen07

Its also nice if you have a lot of ports that tender, because you also get priority for that. On some lines they will do your laundry (not sure about Carnival) and you get special little treats in your cabin upon boarding.

I'd rather save my money for excursions and stuff but we have upgraded a few times (when the price was right)

On the Miracle out of NY in June there were no tender ports. I was glad because I imagine it would take a long time to get everyone off the ship on those little tender boats.

I agree about saving the money for excursions and other things.

Sorry to jump in OT here.. but I would forgo the suite and take the aft wrap :D The only perk with a suite is priority embarkation.

Well I would have booked those aft cabins except I don't like a lot of motion and those cabins can have more motion then the midship. So we just got a regular balcony cabin midship which was great. :D

Jump in anytime you want. :p

Actually there are cabins that can cost over $4000 for 2 people. Carnival Miracle out of NY, Cat 12 suite is 2299 p/p.

a suite for us would cost 1310 pp plus tax and grautity. for 3 ppl, that was over 3000$. We opted for ov our last cruise because we all 3 went for 1700 including grat. this next cruise is 1900 including grat and new fuel tax, it is interior, but we don't mind. DD will be in another cabin with a friend, so DH and I will have some alone time. Maybe get to have out ANNIVERSARY the way it should be. :)

a suite for us would cost 1310 pp plus tax and grautity. for 3 ppl, that was over 3000$. We opted for ov our last cruise because we all 3 went for 1700 including grat. this next cruise is 1900 including grat and new fuel tax, it is interior, but we don't mind. DD will be in another cabin with a friend, so DH and I will have some alone time. Maybe get to have out ANNIVERSARY the way it should be. :)

What ship would a suite cost 1310 p/p? On the Triumph?

Well I would have booked those aft cabins except I don't like a lot of motion and those cabins can have more motion then the midship. So we just got a regular balcony cabin midship which was great. :D

Jump in anytime you want. :p

Actually I didn't find anymore motion back there then anywhere else.. mind you I do take gravol daily.. like dramamine or bonine.. (my SO doesn't and he said the movement was about the same as our midship CAT11) and I would never pass up the aft as long as we could afford it;)

Actually I didn't find anymore motion back there then anywhere else.. mind you I do take gravol daily.. like dramamine or bonine.. (my SO doesn't and he said the movement was about the same as our midship CAT11) and I would never pass up the aft as long as we could afford it;)

Really, the movement was the same? Cause on the Miracle there was one day when it was really rough and we even felt it midship. Not terrible, but still felt it. Also on the Legend I had a foreward cabin and that was the absolute worst movement. No more foreward cabins for me ever.

Maybe next time I will have to try an aft wrap but double up on my Bonine. :D:D

Really, the movement was the same? Cause on the Miracle there was one day when it was really rough and we even felt it midship. Not terrible, but still felt it. Also on the Legend I had a foreward cabin and that was the absolute worst movement. No more foreward cabins for me ever.

Maybe next time I will have to try an aft wrap but double up on my Bonine. :D:D

Yes he said it was the same.. for me as well :) You need to try it atleast once.. double up if you have too.. but nothing beats that balcony.. We had a suite.. I didnt use the tub.. I didn't need the bar area or dressing room..I would prefer the outdoor space.. since that is why you are cruising is to be outside most of the time:)

Yes he said it was the same.. for me as well :) You need to try it atleast once.. double up if you have too.. but nothing beats that balcony.. We had a suite.. I didnt use the tub.. I didn't need the bar area or dressing room..I would prefer the outdoor space.. since that is why you are cruising is to be outside most of the time:)

I think the next cruise that I book (whenever that will be), I will try to get an aft. I wouldn't use the tub either.....I don't use bathtubs in hotels.....no matter how clean they look, it's gross. Yuck! But that balcony sure does look heavenly. :D

What ship would a suite cost 1310 p/p? On the Triumph?

NO. Glory.

We cruise Halloween week because of our anniversay falling then. It is always a little more expensive.

I only sail out of Port Canaveral. I don't do Miami. I don't want to think of driving an extra 4 hours to get on the ship.

Is it not Triumph that is the training ship anyway? They go there for 6 months before being placed on another ship?

We cruise Halloween week because of our anniversay falling then. It is always a little more expensive.

I've actually seen some really good deals for that week, but we've only cruised once during Halloween. It was on RCI and we only paid $377 each for seven nights in an inside -- definitely the lowest price we've ever paid.

I've actually seen some really good deals for that week, but we've only cruised once during Halloween. It was on RCI and we only paid $377 each for seven nights in an inside -- definitely the lowest price we've ever paid.

I don't do RCCL though. Prefer CCL. I checked the price that week for next year on 3 cruise lines, and CCL was cheapest. I am sure if I went through a TA i may be able to get it cheaper, oh but wait, they would manage to get the difference back somehow. They always do when I try to book through them.

When I went to book my first cruise, i went to a ta. They were 579 pp for a ov cabin, porthole windows. went straight to ccl, and got the same cabin for 299 pp.

So I don't trust of do TA's.

There was a lot of "movements" in our mid deck Cat 11 we put it down to the Trans Fats in the food.

One of the number of comments from other pax was made by a young Mexican couple over lunch.

I had the Calamari,with a salad, the Calamari was so over cooked it was like chips, the salad had none of the things in it it was meant to have.

The Mexican couple who were on there 2nd cruise, said that if I thought this was bad, I should have tried the "Mexican" "food" the day before it was xxxx.

As I have stated before my wife is an ex Maitre d with Celeb then other lines some in the mass market.

As she stated with her qualification " this was the worst food she had seen served to pax in the thousands of services she has been involved in.

As I have stated before we understand the problems providing food for the number of pax'

As I have done before I have defended the food on other lines stating that I could find a lot of food that was good.

There was no defence for this, another example, why put creme brullee on the menu if as the Maitre d stated when 7 of us sent them back because they had split, " they cannot cook it, they have been sent back all week"

Regards ps and before anyone asks why we did not leave the ship under Carnivals Gaur, it only applies to US and Canadian Pax, this we found when we tried to invoke it, they would not give us any help to get flights when I said I would pay.

Regards

Regards ps and before anyone asks why we did not leave the ship under Carnivals Gaur, it only applies to US and Canadian Pax, this we found when we tried to invoke it, they would not give us any help to get flights when I said I would pay.
Well, I certainly hope you won't make the mistake of booking with Carnival again -- you definitely need to find another cruiseline more to your liking. Fortuntely, this has NOT been our experience with Carnival OR the food on Carnival, so they must have decided to put out all the xxxx (as you put it) on your week.

Archived