Kodak Z812is

mrbill62

Does Anyone Have The Kodak Z812is?if You Do How Do You Like It?i Would Like To Get One But Iam Not Sure If I Should. Any Feedback Would Be Helpful. Thank You

Mrbill

Still unsure? I have no room to talk...I usually spend so much time researching a camera before I buy thet the next model comes out while I'm researching!

I found a hands-on review. While it's a capable camera, it's not ground-breaking and not as popular and the Canons or Sonys, so it won't get as much coverage. It's also only been out a couple of months.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/taxid;2136212589;pid;4626

I also found some user reviews (pretty thoroguh too!) on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Easyshare-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B000VJWJW2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196897643&sr=8-1

Hope this helps.

Dave

Dave, Thanks Again For The Help And The Info.on The Z812is. I Just Did My Thing And Ordered The Camera From Costco.how Big Of A Sd Card Can I Use With This Camera? Also Do You Know Anyone That Wants To Buy My Z7590?only Kidding. But What Does A Person Do With 2 Cameras. Thanks Again For Your Help

Mrbill

Dave, Thanks Again For The Help And The Info.on The Z812is. I Just Did My Thing And Ordered The Camera From Costco.how Big Of A Sd Card Can I Use With This Camera? Also Do You Know Anyone That Wants To Buy My Z7590?only Kidding. But What Does A Person Do With 2 Cameras. Thanks Again For Your Help

Mrbill

I saw in one of the previews that it supported SD (up to 2GB) and SDHC (4GB and up), but when I checked the online manual, it only stated compatibility with SD.

To be safe, I would not go above 2GB. Costco has a 2-pack of 2GB Ultra II Sandisk for $49, so it's not any big sacrifice. Get extra if you plan to shoot video with it. 2GB will hold a lot of images, but video chews up space very quickly.

2 cameras? Heck, I pack 3! The compact is for social snaps or wide views when I have the telephoto on the DSLR and am not carrying the second body with a wide lens.

Your two cameras are similar, so carrying both is sort of redundant. You won't get much out of your Z7590 if you sell it, so maybe carry it as a back-up? Have a travelling companion carry it for a different perspective? Give it to a family member to get them started in photography? Trade it to a friend or relative for a small compact if they want to move to a superzoom? That way you end up with a pocketable backup camera.

Your camera, your choice!

Happy shooting with the new tool!

Dave

Archived