Booked a Jr. Suite Guarantee

Good luck to you. BUT.... if there are any D+ currently booked in a JS, they could be upgraded to the larger suite (it's one of their perks) and you get the JS. just don't be disappointed in the fairy doesn't work her magic on you - you will still have a wonderful time.

I just spoke with my TA--and she says you can only book GTY for double occupancy--since i have 3 in my party, I can't do it. :(

Skyking -

Can you answer why they only let twosies book GTY? Is it because RCI has more options to place a party of two than a party of three?

Love your posts, very informative!!! :)

okay, you mean they don't fill the bigger suites from the existing JS reservations and then give those empty JSs to the GTY's??? Foul, I cry!!! (she says as the owner of a JS on a cruise thta has suddenly acquired a JS guarantee)

We are gold C&A Members. DH and I booked a JS guarantee for our upcoming Monarch cruise. Within 2 days, we were assigned to a GS. SWEEEET. Can hardly wait. I'm sure they could have bumped up D+ but they did not.

I keep looking to see if a JS Guarantee is available for our 5-23-08 Monarch cruise, but so far, no luck.

Good luck with your cabin assignment.

Deb

When do you think they will assign the cabin? I know they have until the sailing date, but does that normally happen?

On the RCL site right now, they're showing two JS available and the guarantee. Have you checked your room assigment lately? Last time we had a GTY, it was assigned within 24 hours.

okay, you mean they don't fill the bigger suites from the existing JS reservations and then give those empty JSs to the GTY's??? Foul, I cry!!! (she says as the owner of a JS on a cruise thta has suddenly acquired a JS guarantee)

If you have an assignment, you should be able to switch to a GTY, I think

On the RCL site right now, they're showing two JS available and the guarantee. Have you checked your room assigment lately? Last time we had a GTY, it was assigned within 24 hours.

Yup, I just checked... no assignment yet- still says "Junior Suite Guarantee". I have been checking almost every hour... Yeah a little crazy I know.

If we end up with a regular JS that is fine, I knew that booking it.

HOWEVER-- I was suite counting and there was 7 OS available and now there are only 5... funny how two JS became available.... very interesting I think.

If you have an assignment, you should be able to switch to a GTY, I think

Well, yeah, except.... I would take an upgrade in a heartbeat with no hesitation or looking back. BUT, I have managed to score a corner aft JS and wouldn't want to give that up on the possibility of an upgrade as a GTY.

Well, yeah, except.... I would take an upgrade in a heartbeat with no hesitation or looking back. BUT, I have managed to score a corner aft JS and wouldn't want to give that up on the possibility of an upgrade as a GTY.

Well if you do change your mind let me know, ok? ;)

Oh, we aren't even on the same cruise... lol... oh well!

I have heard of folks INVOLUNTARILY upgraded from their corner aft JS...without their knowledge until it was too late to change it back. When I realized all the JS on my sailing were sold out and many GS were available, I actually called RCCL and asked them to put "do not upgrade or change cabins" on my reservation. I did not want to lose my corner aft location - even for a larger/more luxurious cabin.

Yup, I just checked... no assignment yet- still says "Junior Suite Guarantee". I have been checking almost every hour... Yeah a little crazy I know.

If we end up with a regular JS that is fine, I knew that booking it.

HOWEVER-- I was suite counting and there was 7 OS available and now there are only 5... funny how two JS became available.... very interesting I think.

I think it's kind of fun and faschinating. I do know that from looking at the web-site and wishing for upgrades (I'm on your sailing, by the way) that in the past, there will be tons of suites and then all of sudden, three weeks before the sailing, there is NOTHING! I think they do their last upgrades at that point so they can sell off the vacated lower rooms. A lady on our Brilliance Cruise was upgraded at that point, although she had over 60 cruises sailed!

[quote name='jillyfish'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Do they only upgrade parties of two? Has anyone had three or four people and gotten an upgrade?[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
Jillyfish, it is very rare to see a third and 4th guest guarantee because there just are not that many cabins capable of holding extra passengers. RCI sells guarantees knowing that the guest is 'flexible' to be moved up, or 'across'.

When we were upgraded to the RFS on Enchantment, we took the one and only available JS booking at that time (10 days before the cruise, approx). There were NO JS cabin numbers listed as available, only the one JS Guarantee, so I just knew that they would upgrade us.

The fact that they are showing two JS's available now, tells me that yup, they upgraded two of them into OS's already, and that their two cabins are opened. So, don't be suprised if you get one of those, I guess?

Also, have you gotten your documents? It would seem that after docs are mailed out, and luggage tags given, etc..., that RCI would be less likely to reassign everyone, but who knows.

Can't wait to hear what happens!

Don't worry about the extra tips, it's only about $2.50 more per person per day for the room steward, a very small price to pay for the extra service, and the awesome upgrade.

[quote name='TwoTravelin']Jillyfish, it is very rare to see a third and 4th guest guarantee because there just are not that many cabins capable of holding extra passengers. RCI sells guarantees knowing that the guest is 'flexible' to be moved up, or 'across'.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]But do they ever upgrade a party of 3 or 4 who are NOT booked in a GTY cabin?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]I know you do not necessarily need to be in a GTY cabin to be upgraded.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Glama']Also, have you gotten your documents? It would seem that after docs are mailed out, and luggage tags given, etc..., that RCI would be less likely to reassign everyone, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Magenta"][B]We were upgraded to a GS from a JS GTY for our 12/17 sailing on the Brilliance after receiving our docs. :p ([SIZE="1"][I]I'm a happy girl[/I][/SIZE]) We plan to just fill out new luggage tags at the port.[/B][/COLOR]

[quote=Emi's Mom;12590061][COLOR=magenta][B]We were upgraded to a GS from a JS GTY for our 12/17 sailing on the Brilliance after receiving our docs. :p ([SIZE=1][I]I'm a happy girl[/I][/SIZE]) We plan to just fill out new luggage tags at the port.[/B][/COLOR][/quote]

Very Cool! I guess what I meant to say is, they will probably be less likely to upgrade D+ members who did NOT book a guarantee, after the cabins have been assigned and docs mailed. In other words, after that time, only those who actually booked a GTY would probably be upgraded. But, what do I know? lol!

Grand Suite for you, NICE!!!

[quote name='tanyanubin']4 of us are sailing Jan 21 on EOS. We were in 2 JS's, and when we saw that a RFS aft was available, we jumped on it yesterday. Our TA not only got us the room, but got us money back! That should have opened up 2 JS's yesterday.[/quote]

Looks like they did! SOmeone said that two appeared, but then two of the OS's were suddenly not available, either.

It's like a fun mystery, lol.

[quote name='jillyfish'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]But do they ever upgrade a party of 3 or 4 who are NOT booked in a GTY cabin?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]I know you do not necessarily need to be in a GTY cabin to be upgraded.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Sorry I didnt see your question the previose page, but NO you cant usually book a GTY with 3 or 4 people. Reason is, very few JS's hold 3 or 4 people. Usually they are in the aft of the ship, and there are few of them.

Archived