Glory Review (a.k.a. The Cursed Cruise)

JrMafia90

I just went to the bank yesterday. And I found out that Carnival charged $545 to my account then they charged another $638 to my account so they charged a total of $1183 to my account. I called Carnival and they said just wait until Tuesday to see if it comes off if not call them back. I can't believe this. Problem after problem. We are looking at other cruises and we are NOT going to do Carnival. But my kids liked Carnival. Right no we are looking at Princess, Royal Caribbean, and we just booked a Costa Cruise on the week of my son's birhtday in March. Now we just have to book a cruise for our summer vacation. So maybe the Carnival Valor because it has the itenary we want (and a good price) or Princess.

Are you sure that both of those amounts are actual charges, and one of them isn't just a hold? I've read that if you use a debit card for your s & s that every day Carnival puts a hold on your card for the previous day's charges. Maybe the $545 was an estimated hold and the $638 was the final charge. Sometimes it takes a few days for the hold to be released. Just a thought.

Although I have not expereienced it...I have read many times about people bringing sand fleas back from the port with them.

Does anyone know how often those sheets and blankets are cleaned? I never seen sheets or blankets in the hall when the stewards are doing their cabins.

Our cabin steward changed our sheets several times during the week on All of our 7 day cruises. Seems I allways spill a little something, very minor but I do notice when the sheets are changed. I have come to the room few times during the cleaning process and noticed how good they clean. They even hang over the balcony and clean the glass outside free of spots.

Archived