Sail Cunard 'Free'!

Toffeegirl68

Thought that might get your attention....:p

I have just received a copy of the Clubcard Deals booklet from a certain UK supermarket where 'Every Little Helps'.

Now... you need to concentrate here.....

Apparently £10 in clubcard vouchers gets you £40 in holiday tokens which can be used to book direct with Cunard. The minimum spend on the basic cruise price is £500. So to get a 'free' cruise, you need at least £125 in clubcard vouchers. But how do you get them.....

Special deals apart, for every pound you spend, you get a point.

A point is worth a penny in clubcard vouchers.

To get £1 in vouchers, you need 100 points which you get from spending £100.

Therefore to get £125 in clubcard vouchers you need 12,500 points, which you get by spending £12,500.

But how to spend this much??!! Unfortunately, they don't sell Pol Acker :eek: but they do have their own brand Asti Spumante for £3.81 a bottle, so to get you in that Cunard mood, you just need to buy 3,281 bottles.....

Maybe I'll have enough points for my 50th birthday!

J

- forgive me if my sums are out.....

- other Asti Spumantes are available....

- oh, and don't buy more than 6 bottles at a time as you get 5% off, so it will take you longer to save up!

We generally accumulate 600-1000 a month.

I've just checked. We've got a year's worth of vouchers and they add up to £282.00. That's £1128.00 in Cunard's fares. Get a credit card from there - not only does it give you points on everything you spend but they don't look to charge for foreign transactions - very useful with Cunard charging everything in dollars. (It's far too expensive for cash advances though - ever Tesco advise you against getting them) - and you'll be astonished just how quickly the balance of points builds.

You lose any discount for returning passengers.

You lose any discount from your travel agent as you have to book through Cunard Directly on special Tesco voucher telephone number.

True, but the trouble with good old travel agents is that they don't let you go for free......

J

Absolutely spot on! We use a very good c/c, which is verging on the finest, we do all (mostly) our shopping there, everything we spend is put on the card (we nearly put a £5000 gall bladder op for Rose on it), in short every little it gives, helps us!

We had half of an Alaska cruise paid for...

We've been on 3 European coach tours just paying about 1/3 of the total price each time, and

we are now saving our points up for our next Christmas holiday. By the way, our last coach break only cost us £54 and we went to Cannes, Monacco, and many other places, ok, we spent a long time on a bus, but so what! When somebody else is paying, we can do that! By the time Christmas 08 comes, we'll nearly have half of the cost for a good hotel for 2 weeks.

Don't mock, it works. Just get your mind away from 'marinated twaddle, steeped for 359 hours in some persons bodily secretions', buy a good cookbook, follow the destructions and not only will your culinary skills suprise, you'll get free holidays as well!

Every little helps!

Pete

Just to change the subject a little bit, but still on topic--I read one time that you should always sign up for any maiden voyage because maiden voyages are rarely on time and you are offered that cruise and a free one when that happens--thus one free cruise.

Archived