Any "kids free" cruises spring 08

oshun11

The first cruise I ever booked as a parent was our last one, so I only know how NCL does it. From what I can tell, to them a passenger is a passenger - first and second passengers are full fare, and additional passengers in the same cabin are less. Do other lines make a distinction?

Also... this may be missing the point (so sorry if I am), but if the fare on a ship with 'kids free' is equal to or more than a ship where kids pay 'regular' rates... it's not really better, is it? I'm not sure I've been clear explaining that... but what I mean is that if it's about the cost, then I'm not sure that it matters how a line describes a sale promotion. I think the Carnival promotion Cruisinmama described sounds great, and if those fares are added together to make a 'total cabin cost', they might well come out less than a cruise with 'kids free'.

The first cruise I ever booked as a parent was our last one, so I only know how NCL does it. From what I can tell, to them a passenger is a passenger - first and second passengers are full fare, and additional passengers in the same cabin are less. Do other lines make a distinction?

Also... this may be missing the point (so sorry if I am), but if the fare on a ship with 'kids free' is equal to or more than a ship where kids pay 'regular' rates... it's not really better, is it? I'm not sure I've been clear explaining that... but what I mean is that if it's about the cost, then I'm not sure that it matters how a line describes a sale promotion. I think the Carnival promotion Cruisinmama described sounds great, and if those fares are added together to make a 'total cabin cost', they might well come out less than a cruise with 'kids free'.

I think all or most likes have 3rd and 4th in rooms at discounts but like for my son we're paying $500 for him after taxes. :eek: I believe the OP is asking for things like the $99 rate or free for kids which I've seen on some lines like NCL. And yes sometimes a promotion like Carnivals can outweigh a kids free deal but those promotions are usually only on certain sailings so it's only if those sailings work out for you.

I think all or most likes have 3rd and 4th in rooms at discounts but like for my son we're paying $500 for him after taxes. :eek: I believe the OP is asking for things like the $99 rate or free for kids which I've seen on some lines like NCL. And yes sometimes a promotion like Carnivals can outweigh a kids free deal but those promotions are usually only on certain sailings so it's only if those sailings work out for you.

I think you've hit the most important point - no matter what the deal is, how it's marketed, or which line offers it... if the dates and all the rest don't work for you, it really doesn't matter. :)

Yes Canadian you hit the nail on the head. I just love when I see the "kids sail free" or "Kids get discounts" on Disney...lol. Yeah well if you pay $2800 EACH for mom/dad, they can certainly allow the baby to sail for free.;)

When we take a cruise deal we base it on the price of the total overall cabin price. Some of the "kids sail free deals" jack up the price of the cruise for the parents so the kids can sail free.

As those on the Carnival board complain, I am not a Carnival cheerleader...lol...but when it comes to getting the best deals...the Carnival ships seem to send out some great deals.

oshun11 - Give me a little more info and I'll see if I can suggest something better for you. What are the general ages of the kids (infant, toddlers, elementary aged, tweens, teens?) When did you want to travel? Is it important that you go during the Summer (you WILL pay more). Where did you want to go? There is a HUGE difference between Alaska and Carribean ;)

Archived