Spooky North Point Surf Resort???

bzv143

Oh you lucky people who live in Barbados--I remember staying in Barbados back in the 70s and visiting the North Point Surf Resort. At that time, it was falling into a state of disrepair, and the whole aura was deliciously desolate and positively spooky. We walked down to the beach and collected glass lobster pots--we had a ball.

I asked Sarah of Glory Tours if she could take us there when we visit at the end of this month, and she strongly advised against it, saying it was too dangerous to go there now. Comments?

Any other ruins to visit for "atmosphere," if you know what I mean? :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...

I think the place closed c1974 & the pool remained open for another couple of years. I lived on the island as a kid between 1976 & 1979, and I remember the place to be decidedly spooky soon after closure.

According to Bajan friends most is still intact but the site has been inhabited by long term vagrants for many years....possibly a reason for the "too dangerous" comment????

The North Point site is currently up for sale.....if anyone has US$3 million or so :)

Sorry this reply is years late, I normally frequent other areas of CC, but this thread came up in a Google search on North Point.

Archived