am i setting myself up for hell????

ang1684

we are booked to go on the sun in jan with my 2 yr old:eek: :eek:

please tell me is going to be okay lol

im aware he isnt able to be in the kids club without us.

i guess im just after any tips on how you did it with a toddler and anything else i should know, oh and reasurance please im scared:o

Greetings.

I have travelled with my son on ships since he was 7 months old. I think you'll be fine. You'll need to adjust your expectations a bit and go with the flow! You are still on a ship, being served great food, enjoying the sun, maybe not heading to the disco...but still a nice holiday.

Remember to pack children's medications (just in case) and enough nappies/diapers if needed.

You can find more tips on the "Family Cruising" forum.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hi Ang1684

This used to be the case, but I'm not sure if it still is --- if you had a child that was under the accepted age for Turtle Cove, they used to let you still go in and use the facilities - as long as you were with your child the whole time. I know it doesn't give you a break - but does give you somewhere else that's child-friendly!

I know on the Pacific Star they had a kids pool out the back of the children's area that was supposed to be kids' only - but I don't think they have that option on the Sun unfortunately!

I am pretty sure that is the case. Usually the staff will let you in. We (adults) sat in there and played board games once when it wasn't busy.

If you happily go away with your child other times I don't really think this will be any different. Perhaps you can get friendly with other parents and rope them into giving you some timeout! :D

thanku so much i feeling much better now i think i was just having a panic as i was worried to how he would handle it. i will be with a fair bit of family so am very lucky to have help awell.

loulou- thankd yes i dont think they do. i started a thread on here asking if toddlers were aloud in the pool asuming there was a kids pool as on my last cruise(star) there was but got quickly scolded by a few so thats fine will just wait till we port.

thankyou everyone:D

thanku so much i feeling much better now i think i was just having a panic as i was worried to how he would handle it. i will be with a fair bit of family so am very lucky to have help awell.

loulou- thankd yes i dont think they do. i started a thread on here asking if toddlers were aloud in the pool asuming there was a kids pool as on my last cruise(star) there was but got quickly scolded by a few so thats fine will just wait till we port.

thankyou everyone:D

Ah yes ... the dreaded toddler in the pool thread - can get a bit precious sometimes!!

(I've got kids too but they're 7 & 10) I can see both sides of the story I guess! But some do tend to get very heated about it! It's usually right up there with Tipping & Formal attire! (Oh and hogging sun lounges!!).

Have a great cruise - and enjoy your time on the boards! It can be almost as fun - and fills in the days until we cruise!:D

Archived