Onboard Booking Discount

bobby1119

Past passengers as a matter of course receive a 5% off EBS rate for nonworld sailings. However, you don't have to book onboard to get this 5%. This is not necessarily the best rate for a particular sailing.

What you do get for onboard bookings is onboard credit for nonworld sailings.

This you do not receive if you book on land.

World bookings receive a 3% discount for onboard bookings and no onboard credit.

Abolished, removed, killed and trampled on.

I tried to book a MED trip for next year while aboard. Price came back high. I E-mailed to my agent at hiome who got me a much better price that well exceeded any onboard credit the girls offered. I showed it to them on the ship and they said I had to take their high deal to get on board credit, and when I get home agent can work the numbers to bring the overall cost down. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. I had to cancel the on board booking and go with the agent's packeage to afford to go.

Another reason I miss the good old days.

At least E-mail your agent and compare deals before you take a deal from the ship.

Abolished, removed, killed and trampled on.

I tried to book a MED trip for next year while aboard. Price came back high. I E-mailed to my agent at hiome who got me a much better price that well exceeded any onboard credit the girls offered. I showed it to them on the ship and they said I had to take their high deal to get on board credit, and when I get home agent can work the numbers to bring the overall cost down. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. I had to cancel the on board booking and go with the agent's packeage to afford to go.

Another reason I miss the good old days.

At least E-mail your agent and compare deals before you take a deal from the ship.

Bunch of garbage. My clients book onboard all the time to get the onboard credit. Then, when I get the fax, I call and pull the booking into my group with the lower rate... and additional group amenities.

You can also do an open deposit. Then once you get home, call your agent and decide what sailing you want. Then your agent will call Cunard, have the FCC applied to your booking as the deposit.. and voila.. the onboard credit appears on the booking.

I have found the onboard cruise consultants generally uninformed.

Same here!! l booked onboard QE2 last year with a lady sales person, assigned me totally the wrong cabin, l wasnt told l had two weeks to find an agent, it also took over an hour, the only good thing was the onboard credit, and l found a superb agent who is an ex Cunard Regional sales manager, and he knows his stuff!!

cheers

Bunch of garbage. My clients book onboard all the time to get the onboard credit. Then, when I get the fax, I call and pull the booking into my group with the lower rate... and additional group amenities.

You can also do an open deposit. Then once you get home, call your agent and decide what sailing you want. Then your agent will call Cunard, have the FCC applied to your booking as the deposit.. and voila.. the onboard credit appears on the booking.

In general this works if booking with a US agent. You will be able to change and cancel without loosing deposit.

I'd advise never book on board if booking through a UK agent unless you are certain it is the best deal you can get. If you change or cancel you will loose your deposit.

In general this works if booking with a US agent. You will be able to change and cancel without loosing deposit.

I'd advise never book on board if booking through a UK agent unless you are certain it is the best deal you can get. If you change or cancel you will loose your deposit.

Not really true, we booked on board for the last crusie and go the on board credit and 5% discount plus a bit more, then handed it to our TA in the Uk and got a huge discount, all worked fine, worked out around a $1000 discount

rob

Archived