Ships With High Speed Internet in Cabin

skiwindham

Does anyone know which ships offer high speed (and not dial-up) internet in the cabins?

I am aware that Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas offer high speed wireless (but equivalent to DSL) in the cabins. Are there others, either wired or wireless?

Does anyone know which ships offer high speed (and not dial-up) internet in the cabins?

I am aware that Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas offer high speed wireless (but equivalent to DSL) in the cabins. Are there others, either wired or wireless?

Ain't none of them high speed, not by satellite. At best you might get something similar to dial-up but don't count on it. I'm pretty sure most if not all cruise lines offer internet access now, but some only in certain areas. You will need to check with each line to find out which offer in cabin service.

And it isn't cheap either!

Cheers,

RCCI has wifi, but it ain't anything close to high speed. There's no way to provide broadband or high speed connections on a cruise ship. I just returned from a cruise and the connect speed, even with their supposed upgrade, was awfully slow. And forget about connecting via wifi in a cabin, unless your cabin is within a few feet of the computer center. You have to hunt to find a hot spot on any cruise ship, and those are far and few between. I found it took more than a minute to download just one internet page, sometimes it was even slower. And, it's not cheap. If you don't purchase one of their per minute packages, it's $.65 a minute.

I was on Carnival Victory last month and I had wi-fi in the cabin. Speed was very good, the best I have ever had. Would estimate about 700 kbps. Just a guess though.

Have suffered terrible slow speeds on Celebrity in the past, especially when the Purser's Office is sending data back to HQ.

On a modern ship, MSC Musica, one year old, next week. Will do a speed test and post back to you.

Archived