Miracle cabin 9A?

sandy toes

We had a cabin assignment and yet it was changed. We are now in a 9A cabin. I have not heard anything about this catagory in the past. I am also confused as to why a cabin was changed that was not a guarantee. We will be sailing this Sunday and will be in 5243. It is partically obstructed and our other cabin was not (6228). Also, it is MUCH larger (230 Sq ft w/ 85 sq ft balcony) than the other cabin we had. Should we even be concerned? I just don't want to be moved from a cabin with a great view to one where we may not even have a view. Can anyone help? Are there any sites that may have pics of this cabin? Thanks to all in advance for your help.

6228 is not a cat 9A= its a cat 8 with an extended balcony- not as extended as a 9A.

5243 has a bigger balcony than what you had..only because of the way it sits. The balcony is not obstructed to where you can see out but only when you look down the life boats will be at the ledge of your balcony. THe l;ife boats are on deck 4.

Did you pick cabin 6228 or did the agent give you that cabin when you booked? Can you find out if any cabin on the aft is available? Did the agent tell you why it was changed?

6228 is not a cat 9A= its a cat 8 with an extended balcony- not as extended as a 9A.

5243 has a bigger balcony than what you had..only because of the way it sits. The balcony is not obstructed to where you can see out but only when you look down the life boats will be at the ledge of your balcony. THe l;ife boats are on deck 4.

Did you pick cabin 6228 or did the agent give you that cabin when you booked? Can you find out if any cabin on the aft is available? Did the agent tell you why it was changed?

Thank you for your help. The agent told us that we had several choices with 6228 being the best in the cat still available, so we took it thinking that would be our cabin. I have never had a cabin upgraded like this, only when we bought into a guarantee catagory have we been moved up. I was told that the sailing was actually way over booked with close to 300 cabins being over sold. As far as my agent knows there was not any cabin available for me to change/move to if we were not pleased with this one. Also, the agent said she did not know why the up grade was given with a full ship but it was. She told me it was a better cabin but could not really tell be anything about the obstruction.I do appreciate your help. I am just thankful at this point to actually have a cabin and to be sailing since so many people were cancelled.

5234 is the better cabin of the two- your agent did you well. I have been reading where lots of people sailing the Miracle are bumped from Baltimore. Carnival has expected more people to cancel then what they had. People who are being bumped are offered the Legend out of NY for 8 days instead of the 7.

I knew about the offers for the NY Legend sailings. But not everyone is being offered that option. There was a local church group (Sept 5 sailing) of 65 people that were cancelled (their TA did tell them ahead of time...will get to that) and only 6 cabins in the group were offered the Legend. The others were offered a refund or another sailing by the end of '05 (no holiday dates, of course) and a cabin credit of $500. I think the sail option is a very good offer but I can still understand people being disappointed. You have your entire vacation/holiday planned. Then, the rug is pulled out from under your feet. You end up with your feet in the air, your butt in the cow patty and a promise for another trip at another time. Not my idea of a fun time off work. Back to the TA's...I have heard from some friends that sailed in the spring, several people actually showed up are the pier and had NO cabins. There TA did not even tell them they were cancelled. They found out when they tried to board the ship. That is not right. I have a great TA, have used them for yrs. I know they would have contacted me if something like that did occur. That is just unthinkable...packing, driving/flying to the pier and then, having all your plans shot to ---- in a hand basket. What an upset camper I would be!!!!

Upset is not the word I would use if that happened to me. And the bad thing is== even after you are there and all the yelling and screaming plus the stress with knowing you cant go....what good will it do?

Archived