Pride worst ship in the fleet???

Balconeysonly

There's a bar outside of the Pride line area? This is the first I've heard this. :confused:

There use to be a bar set up outside but there was not on Nov. 25. so i do not know if they quit that or not. We had asked someone and we were told that the Queen Mary were the ones that set it up.

There use to be a bar set up outside but there was not on Nov. 25. so i do not know if they quit that or not. We had ask and were told that the Queen Mary were the ones that set it up.

Well, I suppose I'll have to inquire when we check in at the Queen Mary. ;)

Thanks for the info! I'll pass it on to our roll call.

I think this is a classic example of something went wrong, so this trip is completely ruined.

I dont doubt you, that some clothes turned up missing. Was it your fault? your famlies fault? your ride to the airports fault? the TSA fault? your airlines fault? your cab drivers fault? the porters fault? the stewards fault? on and on and on.

I work in the travel industry and it always amazes me the sheer amount of miserable people that LOOK for one thing that goes wrong so they can declare the whole trip a total disater. Yes it sucks that something comes up missing, but hey thats life vacation or not. Why let it spoil your whole vacation?

There is a old saying "Doesnt take much urine to spoil a perfectly good milkshake" why are you the one pouring it in?

Yes, you can play the poor victim card but i suggest folks click on your name and see your last 250 posts. Almost all of them have been negative.

Sorry but a negative person will usually have a negative experience.

Considering I have only made 28 posts I don't know what you are talking about. No alot more than 1 thing went wrong. I am not the kind of person that gives up that easily. It was a whole lot of little things affecting me and the rest of my group and the piss poor customer service from the only people avalable to help. I can only hope you continue to have hassle free vacations and only the best of help when needed. I know things go wrong. I come from an industry where if I don't do everything in my power to help, someone dies. It leaves me with little patients for people who don't feel there customers come first. Carnival used to, not so much anymore. At least that is the feeling they left me with this time.

Where did you get your statistical information? TSA could have stolen items out of your luggage. There was a feud between the airlines and TSA and TSA had to pay passengers for missing items. You live in WA which would logically indicate you flew to LA.
em

The items seem to be what everyone is zeroing in on. It isn't the missing items that are the problem. It is the poor response from Carnival. My stuff was in my suitcase 15 min. before it was checked with the porters. We walked with our bags from the Queen Mary to zone 1. I wouldn't have even mentioned it if my bags had been with anyone else.

Actually we flew to Long Beach.

Two points here:

Point #1 - We had a bad experience on Princess. So bad that we have yet to sail with them again, and won't for a long time. I won't say NEVER though, because that it to definite. They may end up with an itinerary or a great deal that will want me to give them another chance. While we did have several problems with the staff on the ship & an out of control family that Princess chose to ignore - I still came back and gave a very balanced review. While the issues on the ship were inferiating, we didn't let it ruin our vacation. I would love to hear about your trip - not just the bad things. It couldn't have all been bad.

Point #2 - The Pride is the only ship, so far that we have chose to book twice. :) She is a wonderful ship and the staff was outstanding. My DH loves to nit pick and find things wrong. :rolleyes: However, on our trip in January, he was hard pressed to find anything. We promptly came home and booked the same ship so that we could share her with our kids.... in 24 days from now! Woo Hoo!!

On a side note - I guess this be point #3... I had ordered a gift basket for my husband and it was waiting in our cabin. It wasn't until we got home & I was going thru my paperwork, that I realized that a mug was missing from the basket. Well, when I wrote my praise letter to Carnival to tell them what a great time we had, I simply mentioned the error. I got a letter back quickly that thanked us for the letter and gave us a $50 OBC (for this cruise coming up) as an apology.

It is all about how you present your position to the company... were you already angry when you approached the purser's desk, which automatically put them on the defensive. I know when I am dealing with my PITA customers, that I would much rather help them if they are nice to me first. :D

I am sorry your experience on the Pride was less than perfect. I personally can't wait to step foot back on her.

Oh - and when it comes to the port of Long Beach... poor design. They need seating & shelter. Other than that, we were fine. Porters were great!

Oh - did you tip your porter when you gave them your bags :confused: BTW - the porters are not employees of Carnival. You may need to contact the port if you think the porters were responsible for your missing items.

I understand things happen. They happen when traveling by air, train, bus etc. My wife and I took our first cruise on 9/16/07 on the conquest. Did we have issues ? Yep...had 2 diinner mates for 5 days who complained about everything...why are they called idaho potatoes ? Why do they force the waiters to dance? They complained about NYC crime (they're from dallas). I'm originally from NYC AND now living in houston. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....NYC is rated better than dallas or houston in FBI crime stats, but i kept quiet. My wife never drinks, she drank those 5 days.

We had other issues but it was the best vacation we've ever had. They even misplaced our luggage for 3 days.

The Conquest is great isn't it. The Pride is just as pretty. I am sorry you had poor dinner mates. You will be happy to know I did not bother anyone else on the ship about our problems. Only the people responsable for fixing such things, no need to be a dark cloud. I am posting here in hopes to be an eye opener to Carnival and to stop the downward spiral. If they get concerned about losing cutsomers it may just get better for everyone. The operative words here are Cruise "Critic".

Two points here:

Point #1 - We had a bad experience on Princess. So bad that we have yet to sail with them again, and won't for a long time. I won't say NEVER though, because that it to definite. They may end up with an itinerary or a great deal that will want me to give them another chance. While we did have several problems with the staff on the ship & an out of control family that Princess chose to ignore - I still came back and gave a very balanced review. While the issues on the ship were inferiating, we didn't let it ruin our vacation. I would love to hear about your trip - not just the bad things. It couldn't have all been bad.

Point #2 - The Pride is the only ship, so far that we have chose to book twice. :) She is a wonderful ship and the staff was outstanding. My DH loves to nit pick and find things wrong. :rolleyes: However, on our trip in January, he was hard pressed to find anything. We promptly came home and booked the same ship so that we could share her with our kids.... in 24 days from now! Woo Hoo!!

On a side note - I guess this be point #3... I had ordered a gift basket for my husband and it was waiting in our cabin. It wasn't until we got home & I was going thru my paperwork, that I realized that a mug was missing from the basket. Well, when I wrote my praise letter to Carnival to tell them what a great time we had, I simply mentioned the error. I got a letter back quickly that thanked us for the letter and gave us a $50 OBC (for this cruise coming up) as an apology.

It is all about how you present your position to the company... were you already angry when you approached the purser's desk, which automatically put them on the defensive. I know when I am dealing with my PITA customers, that I would much rather help them if they are nice to me first. :D

I am sorry your experience on the Pride was less than perfect. I personally can't wait to step foot back on her.

Oh - and when it comes to the port of Long Beach... poor design. They need seating & shelter. Other than that, we were fine. Porters were great!

Oh - did you tip your porter when you gave them your bags :confused: BTW - the porters are not employees of Carnival. You may need to contact the port if you think the porters were responsible for your missing items.

No, I didn't lose my temper until the last day when we got our final bill and all the charges from someone elses bar tab were put back on our bill. By about my 6th trip to the purser's desk (because they won't handle anything on the phone) I was nearly in tears.

Yes, we tipped the porter $20.

Two points here:

No, I didn't lose my temper until the last day when we got our final bill and all the charges from someone elses bar tab were put back on our bill. By about my 6th trip to the purser's desk (because they won't handle anything on the phone) I was nearly in tears.

Yes, we tipped the porter $20.

:D

So, since you think the words Cruise Critic mean to only state the bad, I guess you won't be posting a full review of your 7 days so we can read about the good things?

I have stated the good things...

Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean you have to take it personally.

I hope you never experience the same thing. If you do I hope you have the nerve to warn other people.

I doubt anyone would have responded or cared if this hadn't started with an inflammatory statement.

You now know what to watch out for...

Your Welcome :D

:D

I have stated the good things...

Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean you have to take it personally.

I hope you never experience the same thing. If you do I hope you have the nerve to warn other people.

I doubt anyone would have responded or cared if this hadn't started with an inflammatory statement.

You now know what to watch out for...

Your Welcome :D

To each their own.... I don't take anything about a ship personal... I am not responsible for your experience. I was just trying to find out what you DID like. The only positive things I saw mentioned were that you loved the excursions & the ship was beautiful. I saw no mention of your cabin, the food, the entertainment, etc. If you did mention more, then I apologize that I missed it amongst your defensive posts. Some people truly do want to know more.... All good reviews receive alot of great responses. You should read some when you get a chance.

As I mentioned in my post before, I did have a bad experience on Princess. But when I came back I gave a balanced review. That means good & bad - so not only did I praise Princess for what they did do well, I "warned" as you say, those that might want to know about the issues. You get much more support and validation, if you will, if you come in and tell all... not just rant about bad things.

But again - post what you want - no matter to me any longer. I was just curious about the other aspects of your trip. Sorry to inquire. :rolleyes: I will go find some nice balanced reviews to read. Or better yet, go work on my packing list for the Pride!! :D

Balconey? Don't let everyone else's comments bother you. We've all been through something that we didn't like whether it's a ship, plane, taxi, bus, store, etc. You learn from each issue.

Thank you. I have learned. I will not sail again any time soon. After some of the comments from fellow cruisers I am not sure they even deserve my concern. I also wonder how many of them work for the cruise line...

I love the Conquest but wouldn't feel compelled to attack someone who had a bad experience and cared enough to share it.

I suppose everyone thinks they could do something better after the fact.

If I didn't say anything positive it is because I wasn't left with a positive feeling. I got it off my chest and now I do feel better. Plus I opened the door the best debate I have had in years...

Thank you everybody... Even the mean spirited ones. :D

To each their own.... I don't take anything about a ship personal... I am not responsible for your experience. I was just trying to find out what you DID like. The only positive things I saw mentioned were that you loved the excursions & the ship was beautiful. I saw no mention of your cabin, the food, the entertainment, etc. If you did mention more, then I apologize that I missed it amongst your defensive posts. Some people truly do want to know more.... All good reviews receive alot of great responses. You should read some when you get a chance.

As I mentioned in my post before, I did have a bad experience on Princess. But when I came back I gave a balanced review. That means good & bad - so not only did I praise Princess for what they did do well, I "warned" as you say, those that might want to know about the issues. You get much more support and validation, if you will, if you come in and tell all... not just rant about bad things.

But again - post what you want - no matter to me any longer. I was just curious about the other aspects of your trip. Sorry to inquire. :rolleyes: I will go find some nice balanced reviews to read. Or better yet, go work on my packing list for the Pride!! :D

I didn't mention the food, entertainment etc. because I had nothing really nice to say about it. The dancers were great but the imported entertainment wasn't all that great. The food left something to be desired, for the most part. I must have been spoiled by my other experiences. The cabin was nice. I loved seeing the dolphins swim next to the ship from our room. Keep in mind ther were 8 of us and we were all of the same opinion.

This is a customer service issue. Nothing more.

I didn't mention the food, entertainment etc. because I had nothing really nice to say about it. The dancers were great but the imported entertainment wasn't all that great. The food left something to be desired, for the most part. I must have been spoiled by my other experiences. The cabin was nice. I loved seeing the dolphins swim next to the ship from our room. Keep in mind ther were 8 of us and we were all of the same opinion.

This is a customer service issue. Nothing more.

I appreciate that you came back with that even response. It gives everyone a better picture of your experience.

Let's remember, It's a very wet time of year in Washington. It can be depressing. Wait, it rains alot there. Oh, wait a minute. Lots of rain, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, high suicide rate. Pretty negative stuff. It's a Washington thing. Ok, not all Washingtonion's (or whatever they are called) are so negative like the OP, but maybe it just runs in they're blood. You know, the Pride sucks so much..........Well, I'm going on it for a 3rd time this Sunday. Are you kidding me, I've been on a few Carnival Ships, and the Pride is my favorite. I'll be thinking of the OP when I'm eating my lobster this Monday night. One last question, what are you thinking when you are locking your luggage?? TSA is checking everything....They will crack it right open. If you have such a problem with Carnival, then go to Holland America. To me, that cruise line put me to sleep. Boring and depressing.......Up your alley....... Bye Bye from not as rainy California.....

David from the Golden State

Upcoming Cruises:

Carnival Pride: Mexico-12/16/2007

NCL Sun: Alaska-05/11/2008

Past Cruises:

Holland America Noordam: Alaska-Sept/2007

NCL Star: Mexico-Apr/2007

Carnival Liberty: Western Carribean-Jan/2007

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Dec/2006

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Oct/2006

Carnival Spirit: Mexico-Feb/2006

NCL Star: Alaska-Sept/2005

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Apr/2005

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Sept/2004

Carnival Elation: Mexico-June/2003

Thanks for the weather report. An interesting concept though, a bad coustomer service experience due to vitamin D or the lack there of.

And pointing fingers at troubled celebs when you have Hollywierd pointing back at you...Does that make you the pot or the kettle?

BTW not that geography is apparently your forte. Washington has a large desert, very sunny, little rain (makes desert), we live there.

While I doubt it has anything to do with the Pride, I will say the Port of Long Beach does suck. The lines are long and slow, the baggage handlers are lazy and serve only those who offer the biggest tips, and Customs works at a glacial pace. Compared with Tampa, Miami and several other ports I have used, it is the worst and I can see how it consistently begins a vacation on a sour note.

The sad part is: I live near Long Beach so this would be easiest cruise, but I chose to go elsewhere.

Carnival are you listening ???

Worse than Miami:eek:?! Can't imaging customs being any slower than Miami! Guess if I ever do sail out of LB, I'll have to book my flight for the late afternoon.

So, since you think the words Cruise Critic mean to only state the bad, I guess you won't be posting a full review of your 7 days so we can read about the good things?

Why was this necessary? The OP has proven she's not a troll, has said she enjoyed the ports and excursions, it's a beautiful ship, etc. She had some problems that would have made 99% of us upset.

Archived