Sensation vs. Soveriegn??

suzisgirl

My DH and I will be taking our daughter on her first cruise this June. We have cruised and enjoyed Carnival many times and thought the Sensation 3-day Bahamas cruise would be perfect. However, now we see that RC offers a similar cruise on the Sovereign. Any suggestions?

We are looking primarily for comparisons on the children's programs, food, and excursions offered in port. Also, is Coco Cay a nice alterniative to a day at sea?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have done 3 CCL in the past and now 4 RCI cruises and I would not do another CCL. My kids hated the camp with very little to do.... now they are int he 12 yr old AO is wonderful with cool things done with them. The ships are nice, food is about the same, Coco Cay is wonderful...a totally nice day on a beach. Read the reviews of each ship... GO with SOS, you will not regret it.

i haven't been on the sos but i have been on the sensation, fantasy, and fascination when i was younger. when i went on sensation i had not experienced Royal caribbean yet so it was a lot of fun, but after going on royal caribbean it's hard to go back to carnival (my opinion)! a good friend of mine has been on SOS and loved it more than carnival too!

OMG Sovereign!!!!!! ;) :p

We've been on Sovereign twice. Our last cruise was Sensation. There have been sooooo many complaints about Sensation lately. And it has nothing to do with the ship and everything to do with the passengers.

I know, I know...all 3 day cruises tend to be party boats. But we were on the 4 day Sensation and these people shouldn't have been let out of their homes let alone on a cruise ship. (Yes I am very vocal about our experience on Sensation...lol)

I can give you all kinds of reasons why NOT to choose Sensation, but then I will just be accused of trying to "slam Carnival" :rolleyes: . And it had nothing to do with being a Carnival 4 day ship. We sailed on Elation in December and had a wonderful time. Sensation though...never again.

If you want some pictures I will post them.

Definitely the Sovereign. DH and I have a soft spot for her. Will she still be sailing for RCCL in June? I know she has been sold and another RCCL ship is supposed to be taking over her itenerary out of Port Canaveral.:confused:

We're taking our daughter on the Sovereign for a Christmas cruise (her fist, she's 5). DH & I did the same cruise for one of our first vacations together. I'll re-post with a full family-style review after we get home.;)

We have also done Carnival out of Port Canaveral in the past. The attitude of people sailing on Carnival is totally different from RCCL. We decided we liked RCCL better.

P.S. LOL pps! The decor on RCCL ships is classier than the eye-searing colors on Carnival ships.

Definitely the Sovereign. DH and I have a soft spot for her. Will she still be sailing for RCCL in June? I know she has been sold and another RCCL ship is supposed to be taking over her itenerary out of Port Canaveral.:confused:

Sovereign will be at Port Canaveral through the end of October when she heads to Pullmantur. Then Monarch will take her place at Port Canaveral.

DH and I just got back from a three night cruise on the Sensation. While it was a nice getaway for DH and I, I don't think I'd take our three kids (5, 10 and 12) with us. I only saw a handful of kids the whole time, and I wasn't very impressed with the amount of space that they gave to Camp Carnival. I'm not sure how we would have entertained the kids had they been with us.

Archived