Radisson Miami Hotel Priceline

Sass4

I just won this hotel with a bid on Priceline. However when I go to look it up it says it is now a Hilton? Anyone ever stay here?

1601 Biscayne Blvd. Miami

Stayed there in September and will again three days from now. It's just switching over to Hilton I believe because in Sept it was still Radisson. I paid $60 through Hotwire and was pleased for that amount.

Weird! I got the same hotel through Hotwire (I'll be staying there next week). The Radisson website still shows it as a Radisson hotel, but here is what the Hilton website says:

This hotel will be joining the Hilton Family soon but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in December 2007.

So I guess Radisson is still handling reservations in the meantime?

I think Marketplace is about 1.5 miles or so...close to the port as well. I did not use them, but I read there is some sort of free "people mover" shuttle or something like that that you can catch close to the hotel and get transported to Marketplace. ( sorry I don't have more info). I took a taxi to the port, and it was about a 5-10 minute ride and I think cost $10 or $12.

its worth about as much as the priceline/hotwire prices...anything more and I'd stay away. There are much nicer places in downtown or even South Beach. But, for under $70 a night its great. Floor to ceiling windows in the rooms. The location is somewhat by itself, the free people mover is about a block and a half away or you could jump in a cab to bayside.

A cab from the airport will run you about $20. If you don't get a room that overlooks the port, the view from the gym is very good of the port. I wanted to stayup/getup to watch the ships come in, but cashed out before any came up and the thought of getting up at the crack of dawn to try to catch any coming in wasn't worth it.

Here is a hint if you make it this far, there is a returant in bayside that overlooks the marina...its not a well known place like some are, but they have a dinner for two deal that is really good. I thin its 2 apps, 2 meals, 2 desserts and a bottle of 'house wine' for like $70. Look for it, compared to other deals down there it was a steal.

Here is a hint if you make it this far, there is a returant in bayside that overlooks the marina...its not a well known place like some are, but they have a dinner for two deal that is really good. I thin its 2 apps, 2 meals, 2 desserts and a bottle of 'house wine' for like $70. Look for it, compared to other deals down there it was a steal.

Do you remeber the name of the resturant? we will be back this march and that sounds nice, I always like some of the authentic cuban dinners there along the south side towards the marina.

Just returned from pre and post cruise stays at the Radisson in late Nov / early Dec. The hotel is currently being renovated, and it is scheduled to have the Hilton brand name sometime this month.

I agree with some previous posters.... this is pretty much an average hotel, but for $60 via Priceline or Hotwire, it is a fairly good deal. The staff seemed nice, but the room was average, except for the views, which are awsome, especially if you get a room on the South side of the building on a higher floor.

The hotel sits on top of what was the Omni International Mall (which is now closed). Since the hotel sits on top of a mall, getting inside the hotel is slightly strange, as you enter the hotel through the taxi drop off/ valet parking / baggage area and take an elevator to what I believe is the 6th or 7th floor lobby area. From there you have to take a different set of elevators to get to your room.

Some of the elevators leading to the rooms were not working properly during both stays.... they would sometimes stop at every floor, or skip a floor that was a requested stop. Makes you feel as if the elevator car will go nuts, like one of those tower of terror amusement park rides. :eek:

Do not try to walk to Bayside from the hotel as you would be walking on the edge of what is a rough neighborhood... Drug addicts, etc...

You can however, during the day, safely walk to the people mover... as you leave the hotel, turn left and walk about 200 yards. You will see the people mover running above you, and the entrance to the Omni station will be seen to your left as you reach the first intersection of your walk. If you are returning to the hotel at night, it would be preferable to take a cab.

Thank you for that information! So I probably over paid at $99 per night?

We want to go to South Beach from there, is that feasible?

The people mover is for downtown Miami only. However a cab to S. Beach from the hotel is only about $15. I believe the hotel may have a shuttle available for a fee, but if there are 2 or more in your party, it will be cheaper to do the taxi.

Archived