shopping in st martin

tenchuk

I have found nothing cheaper in St Martin. Priced an item the last time we were there and I was able to purchase it on line when we got home for $40 less. It was only a$200 item.. Remember their rents are high and they have to import everything they sell...

Duty free? The most misunderstood term used on the islands.. Look that up and see what it really means and if you would really have to pay any duty at all.. Probably not...

How much time should I allow for shopping in St Martin if doing a tour?

Is it a smaller shopping arear (depending on how one shops), or is it quite large?

Depending on which tour we choose, you need to know whether you want to leave for shioppiong at 9:00, 10:00, or 11:00 a.h. ( 1,2, or 3 shopping hours)

I'm not sure what is enough time.

Thanks

When we were there, I looked to see what my camera would sell for, it was $150.00 less there than I paid in the US. Be sure you know what you want to purchase and what the price is here in the US before you shop...

You can spend an hour or all day shopping, it is a great place to shop if you are looking for the types of things they sell there. I have gotten great deals on jewelry, table linens, and liquor.

This is a beautiful but busy island, have a great time!

Archived