Majesty v/s Sovereign of the Seas

burghputz

I cruised the Majesty of the Seas last May and it was great. I did the three night cruise and I just loved it! Thge ship just had a major renovation and they even added a Johnny Rockets restaurant, just like in the Voyager Class ships. The spa was just the best I've visited on any cruise.... the staff there was fantastic!

I say Majesty of the Seas!

*** There was a review of the ship that had info on the renovation...I think it was on June... check it out!

I think I read that Sovereign of the Seas is scheduled to leave service next year.

My DD was married on Majesty so we are very fond of this ship. Since it has been renovated, I would recommend it above Sovereign.

If you are taking a winter cruise, I would recommend Majesty because it leaves from Miami, which is much warmer than Port Canaveral. We prefer the Majesty ports over Sovereign. The Mon-Fri 4 night cruise has a port of call each day. Sometimes CocoCay is skipped because of tendering problems, but we really enjoyed this private island with the bbq and tiki bar on the beach. Grab a hammock first thing before they are all taken. Head down the beach quickly to the far end if you like privacy.

The cabins on these ships are tiny, and the bathroom is really tiny. Just be prepared and you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy your cruise.

If it is a four night itinerary then I would go with the Majesty as I like Key West better than a day at sea. If it is the three night then I like the Sovereign better as she is in Nassau on Saturday. The Majesty visits on Sunday and most things are closed. They are not that different with the Majesty being refurbished just recently. The other option to think about is the port of embarkation. Pt. Canaveral to Miami.:)

Just completed 4 cruises on Sovereign and while I do love her, she is showing signs of age, especially in her tiny bathrooms and the public bathrooms. But I like the Port since I live in Orlando.

Friday I get on the Majesty. I'll report back. But what I've read all over is that her decor is more modern, and she is slightly, like 4 years or so, younger. Miami is warmer, and the weather when I come home is supposed to go into the 40's at night here in Central FL., so I guess Miami is a plus there. I love Miami's port too though, it's easy in and easy out.

While I'll miss Sovereign, I'm looking forward to the new ships coming into my home port! :D

Monarch of the Seas will replace Sovereign out of Port Canaveral in the future (Nov. 2008).

I heard that and I also heard that another Voyager class was coming in to PC as well! I have a noodle strainer for a brain and can't remember which ship, just know that it is NOT explorer! :confused:

I know whatever it turns out to be, it'll be great! :p

Here I am on Majesty. If this had been my first cruise, I never would have cruised again! :mad: Good thing for both RCCL and me that it's my 10th cruise and I love RC! I'll not get into the mess ups of my first day yet, since they are too depressing and so uncharacteristic for Royal.

As for the ship, it is hands and feet above poor old Sovereign. (I just cruised Sovereign 4 times, 3 in November, so the memory is fresh.)

It's better thought out, the traffic flow is better, the pool area is cleaner, shinier, crisper, and smells better. The WindJammer is awesome! Much cleaner, more choices, better laid out. There is JR and Sorrentos as usual, but also the Compass Deli and the food all looks incredible. There's more room, and don't miss that charming little seating area in front of JR and the deli, overlooking the WJ! Plush seating and coffee tables ala Friends' Central Perk! Totally cute. Dinner was excellent and so was breakfast. So far the food is way better on Majesty and everything smells better and is cleaner. Now if they can get the competence and friendliness of the staff to match Sovereign, it'll be awesome all around. The good thing is that staff on these ships is constantly turning over as it's the nature of contracts and hopefully management will become better and imparting a caring nature. I did see more management in Windjammer than ever before, even bussing dishes, so food service is very hands on and it shows. Every staff member I have dealt with in the food and beverage area is top notch! All Majesty needs is for the guest services and housekeeping staffs to be as profecient and the rest of the staff and then, watch out! This ship could compete with the voyager class!

I'll post a full review in the proper place later. All in all, it's really a great ship! :D

I just got off Majesty yesterday and would highly recommend her for a short cruise. This was my 4th cruise (2nd with RC) and found the food and dining room service to be the best I have encountered yet. The other great thing about this cruise was that I never once felt crowded onboard. As the above posters have stated, be prepared for really small cabins and bathrooms. I would sail Majesty again in a heartbeat. One other thing to consider is that if you take the 4 nighter out of Miami, the only other ship in Miami will be a Carnival ship, absolute breeze getting into and out of the port of Miami. We were off the ship by 8am and on our way by 8:30, relatively painless.

I have been on the Majesty twice and the Sovereign once. The most recent Majesty cruise was after the refurbishment. The changes/modernizations are GREAT!

I love the 4-day Majesty cruise as it also goes to Key West. That was a GREAT port and I would love to go back.

Obviously, one factor is if you want to fly into Orlando or Miami. The trip from the airport to the pier is shorter from Miami.

Since I have been on both 3-day cruises, I would saw I prefer the Majesty.

Archived