Advice Needed for 2 Cabins

kalley79

DH, my 2 DS, and I are going on a cruise with my family on the Triumph 4/26/08. We booked over a year out and expected nearly 15 cabins. We got an excellent price and a $100 OBC. As time drew nearer people backed out and we dropped below the 8 person min to be considered a group and were going to lose our $100 OBC. My DH and I split from a Quad to two doubles adding the extra room we need to be considered a group. I hate to do this, but I did it for the sake of our whole group.

My question is, if we get on the ship and one of us is booked in a room that can accomidate more than 2 people will our room steward set it for more than two if we ask. For instance if one of our rooms has a pulman, will they drop it so my 3 yr old can sleep in it and we will put the 1 yr old in a pack & play or something, that way we can all be in one room eventhough we paid for 2. The other option is trying to request joining rooms, but we only booked IS Guarantee. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

-Kellie

Kalley: They will not care if you put eveyone in the same cabin, its a shame that you paid for two and will only use one cabin. If you booked thru carnival, I would call and request cabins in the same general area. They may not be able to give you joining cabins but they should be able to get you pretty close.

Good luck

14 of us went on a cruise over Thanksgiving. When we booked we had to make sure there was an adult in each room. My dad and my brother each wanted their own room but to save money we put one child in each of their room. Once we got to the rooms we switched all around and had 3-13year olds and an 11-year old in one room. That was supposed to be a triple. Our room was supposed to be a triple but we make it a quad. When we came back from dinner our rooms were set up the way we booked, so basically, not enough beds. We talked to our steward and he looked at his sheet and said, no, that is a triple. I told him we switched things because the little kids did not want to be where we put them. (not true) He changed our beds for us but did make a comment that he wasn't supposed to do it. We tipped him quite well at the end. So, if you're nice and your steward is nice, it won't be a problem.

Have fun on your cruise!

When I cruised with the VIPers last March the room my friend and I had was a triple. She is a horrible snorer and asked for the bunk to be made up so she could be as far away from me as possible to lessen the noise (yeah right). Our steward made up the bed the first night when we left him a note. Of course we remembered him with a nice tip.

If only two are booked in a cabin it woud be very unusual for you to be assigned a cabin that holds more than two. Cabins for 3 and up (especially insides, no couch, most ov have a couch that can be slept on) are very scarce and they would not risk losing a booking for 3 or 4 by placing you in a cabin that holds more than your party. There have been times that people have said they have been bumped from a cabin they selected because a party with the right number of people wanted to book it. Also if you are booked as an IS there is no guarantee that the cabins would be anywhere near each other. They could be on opposite ends of the ship.

You might want to see if someone else in your group would want to break up their cabin even if you have to pay for the extra cabin. You might be able to let the 3yo old sleep in bed with you and tip the steward enough to let you keep the pack and play in your cabin. Sounds really dificult and I would do whatever it takes to get back to the quad. Good Luck! Cindy

I would love to get back to a quad. The only way I can do that is to find someone else to go with us. I have exhausted all options that I can think of. If it doesn't work out then DH and I will deal with it, but it would be nice for our family to be able to be together.

Archived