It's a Small World...

dogboy53

Hi All,

We went to a Christmas function over the weekend at Geelong, a couple of hours by car from our place. While walking around the water park a lady came up to Kerry-Anne saying "didn't we just cruise together?". It was a lady that we had lunch with onboard the Pacific Dawn.

Amazing how you meet up with people after a cruise or holiday in the most unexpected places.

Don

0002.gif

Merry Christmas

It really is a small world isn't it!?

We met a couple and their 2 kids on our 3rd cruise that we had cruised with on our 2nd cruise too!! Both times we'd been seated together for lunch :D:D I wonder if they'll be on our next one........... :p

You know with everyone saying this, on my last cruise there were so many people from the Central Coast on board I was sure that I would bump into someone - still haven't yet! I realise the Central Coast is a large place but still.....

You know with everyone saying this, on my last cruise there were so many people from the Central Coast on board I was sure that I would bump into someone - still haven't yet! I realise the Central Coast is a large place but still.....

We also had a few on our cruise from the Central Coast, two of which were kazza1 & shell (where are you???)

Karen

Ahhh!! Narara! My DH remembers that place well. Well, not really, he was drunk while he was there but he remembers going:D

Karen

Would that have been to Narara 1985 - my brother went there. It was a huge concert and he was drunk as well and doesn't have much recollection. I'm not actually sure where this concert was held exactly.

Would that have been to Narara 1985 - my brother went there. It was a huge concert and he was drunk as well and doesn't have much recollection. I'm not actually sure where this concert was held exactly.

That'd be the one:p . Will ask DH exactly where it was.........whether he remembers or not is a different matter;) . Doesn't drink at all now:) ...means I never have to drive:D

Karen

My parents went on a cruise 2 years ago out of Barcelona on the Brilliance of the Seas. They had traditional dining and were seated with an Australia couple, and the husband used to be the Lord Mayor of Brisbane. Last month my dad ran into him at the local McDonalds in Brisbane ... it sure is a small world.

On my first cruise on Pacific Sky there was a guy who worked at the train station I used everyday.. I'd seem him about the ship, and thought he was familiar, and then when I brought a ticket from him the week after the cruise, he asked how I enjoyed my cruise.

We were up on deck sailing into Noumea last month I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was the manager, Katie, of Bakers Delight in Greenhills which is just across from where I work. She said 'you are one of my customers'. :p

We had a bit of a chat and she told me it was her first cruise.

Two days after we got home, I went to Greenhills, saw that Katie was serving and asked her for a loaf of bread. I then gave her my cruise card for payment.

You should've seen her face. We had a big laugh. :D

We were up on deck sailing into Noumea last month I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was the manager, Katie, of Bakers Delight in Greenhills which is just across from where I work. She said 'you are one of my customers'. :p

Two days after we got home, I went to Greenhills, saw that Katie was serving and asked her for a loaf of bread. I then gave her my cruise card for payment.

Love it Jen!! lol. :D

Your a card Jen I think thats one of the reasons I like you so much Jen

Looks like we all meet people we either knew or where we live or have lived

We meet a few of the above mentioned. It certainly is a small world after all.:)

(that sounds like a good title for a song :p ) hahaha:D

Thanks for you nice thought of Jim,s Mum Jen

I hope the time we have to wait does go relitively quick:eek:

Ok cheers guys

Gail and Jim

Small world, that's for sure. Just got back from Singapore after sailing on the Rhapsody of the Seas - Sydney to Singapore.

We were a group of 11 friends and 3 of us bumped into people we had previously worked with over 25 yrs ago and not seen since.:eek:

On our Sky cruise in '04 we found the mail guy from work. Ended up having a great time with him.

Legs11. We used to live in Narara, I wasn't around for the famous festivals or whatever I just remember one week not be able to get work on in Sydney because of Bushfires and then next week ringing up saying we were flooded in.

On a Fairstar cruise back in the 80's we were driven crazy by this elderly man who kept smoking a pipe. It stunk the whole ship out. A few weeks after the cruise we went to visit my auntie who lived on the north coast of NSW and found that the stinky pipe smoker was actually a neighbour of hers.

After getting back from Pacific Sun June last year (2006) decided to visit my dad in Basin View (Nowra) on the was stopped at mittagong RSL club and decided to have some dinner and stay the night...So while i am standing at the bar waiting for a drink this guy says "didnt you just get off the sun"... Was table mate that was going to sydney from canberra and decided to stop the night and have dinner.........

• 3 months later...

Since my cruise in Feb I've had a couple of people come up to me while I've been out and say "Were you on the Pacific dawn in Feb?"Then we start chatting about our holiday. It sure is a small world :)

I posted this on another thread recently. My oldest son (Alex) who is in year 12 works part time at BigW. A girl he works with went on the Dawn a few weeks ago. She became friendly with a girl who was on our Dawn cruise in November (who was very friendly with my son & daughter). Anyway, these two girls spent just over a week together not realising that they both knew Alex. It was Alex that pointed it out to them after checking out their bebo sites.

Archived