Family of 5 Last minute early 2008 plans?

OregonGirlie

We went on the Carnival Pride in January 2007 to the Mexican Riviera. It was totally paid for as a gift - so that was great. However, we hated Carnival. Just not our thing - and there's nothing to pinpoint it was just the whole package.

There are 5 of us. DH & myself, and 5.5 and 3.5 year old boys, and 19 month old daughter. We used the childcare for the boys a little bit on the last cruise, but it wasn't a big issue for us to have that option. We had 2 balcony rooms (the balcony was joined). It would've been nicer to have a suite.

We're looking at a January/February 2008 cruise. Mexican Riviera again. We'd like something more family based (maybe RCCI?). But I don't know what cruise line to try that will have good last minute fares, rooms for 5 people, etc...

I have to search for low cost airfare, hotels and the cruise stuff - and not enough time to research it all to the extent I'd like. I need help.

Any recomendations for cruise lines, ships, deals? We're trying to keep costs low since it's an unplanned trip.

Thanks. :)

How many days? Do you want a short cruise or a longer one?

I just checked and if you want a short cruise, RCCL Monarch (an older RCCL ship) has suites available for Feb 5th for $299 :eek: (4 days to Mexican Riviera)

Longer cruise on Vision of the Seas...a beautiful ship. I don't see any "hot deals" on that one though.

To compare the cheapest airfare go to www.kayak.com

For hotels, go to the Western Departure Board here at CC

At this late date, I'd use one of the online cruise agencies. They could likely find you a good deal, since it sounds like you're not too set on a single cruiseline or itinerary or date.

I'd choose a 7 day vs. a shorter cruise since the shorter cruises have a reputation as party cruises.

Checking one of the online agencies, the Dawn Princess out of San Diego has Oceanviews for a 7 night with 4 in the room for $499 pp! Vision of the Seas had suites available for Jan. 27 for $799 pp for a JS. Grand Suites and the Royal Suite were also available.

With 5 in the room, you won't be able to book online. You'll need to either call the cruiseline directly or go through a TA. Also, you don't necessarily need a suite if there are 5 of you. A family stateroom would work well. A TA or the cruiseline should be able to help you find something good in your budget.

Archived