water taxi/beach

logbook

Last year when we were in St. Martin, we took the water taxi back to the ship, after our tour ended in the shopping area near the water taxis. It seems to me, there was a beach that was walkable from the water taxis, although we didn't go to it. Does anyone know what I am talking about?We are going back in March, and wondered if we could just take the water taxi over and spend the day at a beach and shop, and take the water taxi back, since we already did a tour.

Last year when we were in St. Martin, we took the water taxi back to the ship, after our tour ended in the shopping area near the water taxis. It seems to me, there was a beach that was walkable from the water taxis, although we didn't go to it. Does anyone know what I am talking about?We are going back in March, and wondered if we could just take the water taxi over and spend the day at a beach and shop, and take the water taxi back, since we already did a tour.

There is Great Bay Beach, all along the waterfront of Philipsburg. Check out this Google Earth shot:

th_greatbay.jpg

(click)

Little Pier and Bobby's Marina are the two Water Taxi stops (and the Cruise Facility, of course).

Little Pier is in the middle of Great Bay Beach and the Boardwalk.

All that said, you may consider limiting your time on Great Bay Beach to the Beach, itself, as there are serious questions about the water quality of Great Bay. I, personally, wouldn't go in the water.

gary

Thanks Gary. Well, I think we will reconsider any area that the water is questionable for swimming! We're just trying to keep it simple, just some shopping and some beach time. I thought that might be the easiest thing to do... but I guess not!!!! I didn't remember the water taxi having more than one stop either.

Archived